Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a go go solenoid from performance truck products(its advertised as a go go solenoid),last week.Well last night I went to put it in and it would not fully seat,when I compared it to the old one that came out ,the solenoid(where it seats in the valve body) looks slightly different,where the slots are they are not exactly machined the same thus the new one will not seat in the valve body fully.I tried over and over again,yet the old one would go right back in with no issues.

I thought i read some where there is another solenoid that would work, but something had to be modified for it to fit properly.I am wondering if I have that other type solenoid.Does anybody have clue or have had the same problem ? For now I will put the old one back in.

Thanks,Robert

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
I guess I'm not sure what your talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
365 Posts
Go to my thread about 3-5 tranny flare it's in one of those links. Yes one of the other soleniods will fit with modification, can't remember the name off hand think it started with An e and was 3 letters

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
Mine fit with no issue. I recall having to turn it to one side to fit properly, the connector will not be in the same location as before.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Mine fit with no issue. I recall having to turn it to one side to fit properly, the connector will not be in the same location as before.
Correct. It sits with the plug opposite of the old one IIRC

·
Premium Member
805 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the replies,I didn't realize it needed to turn,and it didn't come with directions.Yesterday was one of those days.

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
Post up your review of the solenoid. I have found it to have different behavior during mild power as compared to WOT power.

·
Motor Head.
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Motor Head.
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I had a chance to drive it with the go go installed.Definetly has a firmer 3-4 shift,4-5 is still not firm enough for me.I also noticed if I am going 25 mph or slower on the down shift (4-3) there is a hard clunk, someone said the same thing on another thread.I still believe it is shifting to early on the 4-5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts