Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004.5 f250 6.0 studded , egr delete , fass system with sump and regulated return , fresh injectors , straight pipe . love the truck . but dang these powerstrokes ain’t like a duramax

·
Super Moderator
2001 Ford F350, 7.3L, 4R100, CC, LB, SRW
19,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any of the big 3 have their pros and cons. I liked Chevy for their automatic trans, but not the power of the duramax or the weak control arms, or pumping 30 times to change the fuel filter. I liked the Cummins, but not the automatic dodge uses. Ford seems to have been the best all around for what I wanted—a pre def diesel with an automatic that still had decent power on tap. The styling is decent enough, and the KR leather is nice.
If you follow some basic guidelines here, it should be relatively trouble free. I keep index cards in the sunglass holder to help keep track of when routine maintenance is done.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Welcome

For many years I was a die hard GM guy too. But when I bought my first PS F350 and started working it, I found it to be a much better truck all around.

Not too mention, you just can’t beat the sound of a 6.0! I found mine to be a good reliable engine. I didn’t baby it, I didn’t ‘race’ it, I didn’t tune it, I dint expect it to do things it wasn’t meant to to like push out 1000HP.

I worked it. And, I maintained it well. It never let me down. Not once.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
you just can’t beat the sound of a 6.0!
Fords have always sounded better IMO. Back in my gear head days, there were 2 things I always liked about Ford engines—the sound of the 302 and third gear in the mustangs–even though I was a Chevy small block guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts