Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GlowShift gauges on the way for boost, fuel pressure, and oil pressure. Wondering how difficult it is to hook these gauges up? Any secrets?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Boost will either be "t" into the MAP hose or drill/tap intake elbow. I recommend the elbow, "t" into the MAP hose can cause the gauge needle to flutter.

Oil psi can be accessed at the oil test port, but you'll need a adapter fitting (M12x1.5 male to 1/8npt female). Or buy a billet oil filter cap with 1/8npt.

Fuel Psi will be at fuel psi test port, will require adapter (M12x1.5 male to 1/8npt female). Now depending on how big the sensor is, you may have to also use a 45* fitting between adapter and sensor. Another option is to use a isolator hose.

Good luck with the Glowshift!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Location of the test ports?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch man. So just tap a hole into the air intake elbow by the MAP sensor? Before or after it?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Thanks a bunch man. So just tap a hole into the air intake elbow by the MAP sensor? Before or after it?
The intake elbow is toward the front of motor. Click on this link, then click on "boost gauge connection" pic to get detail info.
http://www.dieselmanor.com/diy/ford60/F60gaugeinstall.asp

The MAP hose in on pass side of intake manifold, the hose goes from manifold to MAP sensor. You can "T" into this hose, but you may experience gauge needle flutter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay I understand where you're talking about now. My bad.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man you know of an easy way to access the oil pressure test port? Or do I have to pull a couple things out the way?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts