Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a triple pillar pod from glowshift with the boost gauge, trans temp gauge, and egt gauge. took all day to install. some of the stupidest designing of a product ive ever seen. had to create 3 wiring harnesses. thank god i had mike (mudrunninpig) with me to help or i would have been lost. i would NOT reccomend anyone else getting these gauges. they are very cheap. but we had fun and i got pictures and they look good.:thumb:

me and mikes trucks

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I have the same gauges, a buddy of mine and me installed the gauges and sensors without having a clue what we were doing and didn't use the instructions and still got it all done without a problem in about 3 or 4 hours :dunno:

For the price, you can't expect a amazingly great product. But for a college kid on a budget like me, I'm real happy with them!

Looks good though! :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the 4 gauge pod and had no problem with the install. I agree that there are more quality gauges out there but have had no problems with mine what so ever.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
looks good, and im with everyone else...for the price u cant beat them....I also didnt have a problem with the wring.....it came with a wiring kit and told me wat wires went where

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah mine came with the 3 gauge wiring kit. Took about an hour and a half or so. I love mine. I don't regret getting glow shift one bit. The wires are color coded and just super easy to do.

I'm guessing you didnt have glow shifts wiring kit?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yes i know what you are talking about i installed the A piller in my 97 never again, your gauges looks good my only question where are you going to put the other gauges (EOT-ECT-FP) they are a must on a 6.0 this is the reason i went with the Edge Insight 20min install plug and play:doh: with FP in a column pod.
2 stroker:ford:

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
When I first looked at the wiring harness for the gauges I about **** myself, but after glancing at the instructions a few times and having a closer look at the harness, it made a whole hell of a lot more sense :hehe:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah mine came with the 3 gauge wiring kit. Took about an hour and a half or so. I love mine. I don't regret getting glow shift one bit. The wires are color coded and just super easy to do.

I'm guessing you didnt have glow shifts wiring kit?

is there a wiring kit you have to buy seperate?:doh: cause we just made it ourself from scratch! thats what took forever was the wiring. worked solid from 8 am to 4 pm

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Im pretty sure all kits are kind of a pita to wire... Not that bad tho if you know how to wire stuff. pretty straight forward just a lot of wires to run.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow, the guy on the phone i ordered the gauges from should have probably mentioned that to me. idiot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im pretty sure all kits are kind of a pita to wire... Not that bad tho if you know how to wire stuff. pretty straight forward just a lot of wires to run.
you dont know what a lot of wires is till you look up under my dash, looks like a birds nest.:dunno:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
remember what i said it's "T-T-T-F-T-A" The Truck Thats F***ed Them All.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ya I have glow sh!t gauges... they were kind of a bear to wire. I was able to stuff the access wiring under the pillar behind the boost gauge. They work good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts