Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got these glowshift gauges at a great deal from a friend that didn't need them. I know they are not the best in the world but also see several people on here run them. This is the first set of gauges I have hooked up by-myself. I have the EGT, Boost, and Trans temp.
I have a few questions. First off these are all new never installed.
Boost tube if I use the T that was supplied where do I put it?
Is it ok to hook all my same wires together in the pillar then just run one of each out of the pillar?
I don't understand why each gauge has a constint power wire and a power wire that has to be hooked up to be on when ingnition switch is on?
And can I hook one of those wires up to the light switch so they lights will only be on when lights are on?

Any pictures of any of this you may have would be great these are going on a 2006 Ford F350 6.0 psd.

THanks for your help

W

·
0 Posts
because you can change the color of the gauges, you need the constant power for the memory so when you shut the truck down and start it up it will be the same color as when you shut it down. no you cant wire it so it will only light up with the light switch. the will be on all the time. if you have the tinted ones you wont be able to read them if they are not lighted

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
That is one thing I really dont like about the guages... they are on all the time. We (Jake) tried to wire glowshifts into the lights of my buddies 6.0 and it resulted in his light switch controlling the ignition:doh::hehe: The first drive, he turned the key off and pulled it out of the ignition...truck still running. Turned the lights off....truck turned off.

W

·
0 Posts
That is one thing I really dont like about the guages... they are on all the time. We (Jake) tried to wire glowshifts into the lights of my buddies 6.0 and it resulted in his light switch controlling the ignition:doh::hehe: The first drive, he turned the key off and pulled it out of the ignition...truck still running. Turned the lights off....truck turned off.
it would make for a good anti theft device :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
it would make for a good anti theft device :hehe::hehe:
Thats what I told him...He didnt think it was very funny:doh::hehe:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are the EGT and boost gauges seperate? I have the two in one, it would beep all the time. They were the worst gauges I have ever bought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts