Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to change my glow plugs out this weekend my question is will i need new valve cover gaskets when i take off my valve covers or not? Thanks Evan

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did you get the 05 update for your truck or what did you get to make it that way and what did you modify to make it work

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
NO as long as the old ones are in good shape they can be reused, I would also upgrade your GPR to the Stancor relay!!

NCH

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry anthony i cant help you out about the updated front end as it came like that when i bought it but im sure someone on this fourm can send you in the right direction and as for the relay that was the first thing i bought and changed already thanks for the help

·
Registered
215 Posts
Where did you get the 05 update for your truck or what did you get to make it that way and what did you modify to make it work
Just from the sig pic it looks like a 99-04 bumper, 02-04 heads/parking lamps & '05+ grille (which I believe it needs to be trimmed at the bottom by an inch or so to fit the bumpers used from 99-04).

·
Semper Fi
135 Posts
There are lots of them available for 7.3L, are there any specific brands one should purchase over others? Any brands to stay away from?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok one more question im about to rip the truck apart tomorrow to put the new glow plugs in anything i need to look out for or any tricks to make it easier ?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
they are alittle tuff to get out use a DEEPwell and make sure u have a swivel socket for the back valve cover and u can use some tubing to put ontop of the gp and pull them out

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
have u updated ur under cover valve harness connectors? if not do it while ur in there

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No i have no idea what those are or the reason to do that pleases explain?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
their are wiring harness going into the valve cover and they come apart nd make ur truck run like crap or not run at all it is a clip that holds them together better. Not sure how much they are

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok do you know where i can get these at and when i take my valve covers off to change my glow plugs will i see them like is there no missing them ?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
There is a harness under each VC that plugs into the main harness in the valley of the engine. It is this connection that comes loose. The clips can be purchased at Ford only.

NCH

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can anyone give me a specific name that i would ask for when purchasing?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts