Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to pull the heads because I have a blown head gasket. I'm trying to get the glow plugs out but for the life of me can't seem to get the harness off of them. Is there some trick I don't know? The truck is a late build 04 so I don't have the rail along the GPs.

Do I just pull harder on the plastic Tee that is connected to the plug or pry it somehow?

thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
on my 03 which i think is the same as your 04 should be a bar harness..its like hard squared plastic i believe. you need to work it at each end and then work in between each glow plug. its tricky but it comes off sorta easy after you get it off

btw the glow plugs come out with a 10mm deep socket..the 1/4 socket fits in there good

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine doesn't have a bar harness, it's got plastic connections at each plug and then wire harness between. I guess tomorrow I'll just try working and wiggling them and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
they are held on kinda like a spark plug. on the 03 that plastic harness is prone to cracking. so you should have a a real problem putting a little force on there, use a small pry bar and work each plug then.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
I have to pull the heads because I have a blown head gasket. I'm trying to get the glow plugs out but for the life of me can't seem to get the harness off of them. Is there some trick I don't know? The truck is a late build 04 so I don't have the rail along the GPs.

Do I just pull harder on the plastic Tee that is connected to the plug or pry it somehow?

thanks
wait till you get the oil rail off and then use a roll head pry bar and push them up from inside. if you keep pulling you'll break them off. Been there done that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a good harness set ill sell cheap if you end up needing it. I took it off my truck when i did my head gaskets and decided to just put new ones on. My truck is also a late build 04 so its not the solid bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts