Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to change out my glow plugs. I am tired of the cold starts and PITA hard starting during winter time. When the temp gets around 45 degree i have to plug in my truck. I have replaced my batteries, GPR, Starter within the past couple months. Still have the cold starts. I bet the Glow plugs or harnesses are going out. I was looking over reviews and so a lot of helpful articles. I found the motorcraft glow plugs but wasn't sure if it would be smarter to get the whole glow plug replacement kit. Is it necessary or smarter to change the gaskets, harnesses and plugs at once. The truck has 171,000 miles on it and would be willing to bet these have never been replaced. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help at all guys? :bump:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ugggg.. same problemm.. they hopefully will chip in.. there are tests you can do to check what the issue is.. i just havent done it yet haha.. but i would assume it is the wiring harness in the valve cover.. or the actually glow plugs probably number 8 cylinder.. i dont have the info at the moment but there are test you can to do get to the problem withouth replacing everything... try and sear "hard to start thread".. it gives you a good lead on what to check.. and i forgot his name but you can prob send him a message for more info... im in the same boat.. stay in touch.. BRY

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IM thinking of just replacing it all while i have the valve cover off. They should be due for a change i would think. Just not sure if i should change the GP harnesses and gasket. I mean is it worth doing it all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any suggestions at all guys?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
On mine i replaced the Glow Plugs Motorcraft got all 8 from Matt P for fifty bucks.I would replace them mine were bad. They are quiet easy their are a few write ups on it.And while under there get the clip for the the UCVH and you can reuse the VC gaskets if they are in good shape :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts