Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising around dirt roads last night having a few. I would hit some wash board or so pretty good bumps then the glow plug light would come on for an instant and I would lose throttle response until I let out then it would work. I was only going about 20 miles an hour when this would happen. It happened 3 times last night. I go down a lot of gravel roads and this is the first time this has happened.

I am getting no codes. When I get time today i am going to go look at all connections in glow plug circuit. I got a new glow plug harness when I did studs about a year ago.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I would be looking for a wire to wire chafe on that light circuit that is picking up voltage and lighting up the light when it touches.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm going to crawl all over in a bit. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the glow plug circuit?
Also why don't i have any throttle response when the light comes on??

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Still trying to get my head around that. A problem with one shouldn't affect the other.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm definitely :tard::tard::dunno::dunno: about that part. It's like you unplug the go peddle.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The one thing that I can think of is if the app has 2 of the 3 potentiometers go out it will go to default settings and will ignor any further pedal commands and set the cel light.
Maybe you have 2 different things going on at the same time.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk I cant find any wires chaffed or anything. Do you think that it is supposed to lose throttle response if the glow plugs are on at operating temp? If that is so then maybe the glow plug module is going bad and when I hit bumps it shorts internally and kicks the glow plugs on??

I'm just trying to throw some ideas out and see what people think. I was sure that i was going to find some wires messed up but I didn't.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts