Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little rant here... I just purchased a 2008 F250 from a dealer here in OK just under a month ago. It has ~80K miles on it and it's warranty just went up on the 30th on June. I was pulling out into the street 2 nights ago when all of the sudden I heard this loud putting noise so I coasted to a stop in a parking lot that just so happened to be an auto zone. So I ran the codes on it there and it was tossing out the glow plug failure / #2 cylinder misfire. Took a look at the #2 plug from the wheel well and sure enough it was gone. The harness is still dangling there but you can look straight down into the #2.

Called up the dealer whom I bought it from and surprise surprise no help from them even though the 5/100 warranty just ran up 7 days ago and I hadn't even owned the truck for a month.

So needless to say I've ordered my parts and plan on stripping down the drivers side to the valve covers.

Anyone have this happen to them before and taken care of it them self? I figures if it did most would have still been under warranty. I just hope the threads aren't too jacked up from when it blew it out.

Any suggestions toss them at me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most places give you a 30 day warranty that covers 50% or parts and labor. Did you get anything like that? I'd be pissed!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are going to be tearing it down this afternoon. Is it pretty easy to get the drivers side valve cover off?

·
Administrator
31,474 Posts
Maybe pull an OASIS and see if Ford did the GP anytime in the last few months

then it would be covered

also call ford customer service .. they may be able to assist ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So we got it inside where we could get a better look at what we were dealing with. Turns out it wasn't such a big deal after all. Removed the coolant reservoir along with the battery tray and then we were able to get a straight shot view. The outer part of the old plug was still in place and it had just blown out the inards if you will of the glow plug. We were able to back it out and slide a new plug in. I'll post a pic of the plug that failed soon. So crisis averted and everything was fine when we started her up. Still pissed at my dealer though. I bet if I were to take it in I would have got raped.

FYI it was Reynolds Ford over in Norman

They are supposed to take a look at my front end here soon as when I bought it it felt quite loose and aloso the 4x4 hubs won't remote lock. Hopefully they make good on that part of the deal.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I've heard of this a few times but never actually seen it. Glad it wasn't anything serious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts