Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the front cylinder on drivers side? Also, just got done with stud job and this code popped up, wasn't there before. I pushed down on the harness best I could reach it in case of bad connection but no luck. What's the chances the glow plug went bad from being taken out then back in and being jostled around in between (even though that was minimal)? Any thing else to check before I change the plug? (not like its hard, just not a fan of throwing parts at something and hoping for the best)

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning bump

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yes, left front. Not likely to damage it, just taking it out. Recheck harness connector and plug boot. Clear the code, see if it comes back.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cleared the code. It'll come back, just not right away, takes a few cranks before it will. Then again sometimes it comes back immediately. That's what makes me think loose connection.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I cleared the code. It'll come back, just not right away, takes a few cranks before it will. Then again sometimes it comes back immediately. That's what makes me think loose connection.

I haven't pulled a glow plug harness yet, but from what I hear, it's not easy sometimes and they will get damaged from time to time.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone pulled a harness and been so successful in not breaking it? If so how did you do it. Need tips. And I'm not gonna buy that expensive special tool from ford. Might as well buy a new harness for what that thing cost. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Just google, that tool is sold elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts