Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making America hungry. Getting started on my BIO Diesel operation. I'm doing the apple seed process. Everyone driving behind me is gona get hungry. Gona be able to make it for $1.17 a gallon.

75 Gallon water heater

55 gallon drum of methonal

pump

Plumming is gona look like this

Cooked up my 1st test bach to test my PH levels

More to come!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yea this is great, keep us all informed on your progress arnd your processes cause i think alot of people are going to have to start making bio too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting my piping and pump setup and should be making Bio Diesel by the weekend.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love to know how it works out for you. I'ld be interested in doing it as well. Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just getting started with bio for my 7.3 diesel 1996 powerstroke. Wanted to ask if there is any mods that need to be made on the engine or components before I begin burning this fuel. I have a standard 1996 ford f350 powerstroke? coould anyone help

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
hey TEXCRAWLER, how mych does a 55gal drum of methonal cost ya?

·
Registered
578 Posts
the pump is a harbor freight 1" clearwater pump...the hot water heat looks new, but I dont know..The methanol I am gonna get is from the local racetrack...plumbing is any hardware...oil is from resteraunts, schools....55 gallon drums about anywhere

Luke

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just getting started with bio for my 7.3 diesel 1996 powerstroke. Wanted to ask if there is any mods that need to be made on the engine or components before I begin burning this fuel. I have a standard 1996 ford f350 powerstroke? coould anyone help
As long as your doing the apple seed process you don't have to do anything to your truck. Keep extra fuel filters on hand cause at the begining your gona use about 4 of them real quick.

hey TEXCRAWLER, how mych does a 55gal drum of methonal cost ya?
You can buy it from the race track or from a race shop. I paid $240 for mine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting closer. My setup ETA 1st bach this weekend

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what it looked like when I put it in for processing.

This is my final Biodiesel and ready to put in truck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
hows that propane water heater working for ya? ive got a gas unit sitting in my shop, but didnt use on account of fumes/ burner.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
hows that propane water heater working for ya? ive got a gas unit sitting in my shop, but didnt use on account of fumes/ burner.
Good question, be very very very carefull using open flame heaters.
I would not do this at all.

·
Registered
578 Posts
what is your thoughts behind a propane water heater? I have one in my shop but have been told to get rid of it because of the methanol fumes in the air

Luke

·
Registered
235 Posts
even if you're meth free, the burner fumes are no good. open air or good circulation would be different.

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts
signin up man........I might have to put the saucepan on for my hat and join the Appleseed following. Looks like I could even do it judging from the website.:rofl:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NICE, where are you getting your oil?
I'm getting all of my oil from local restraunts

what is your thoughts behind a propane water heater? I have one in my shop but have been told to get rid of it because of the methanol fumes in the air

Luke
The water heater w/the propane works great. My Methanol is kept far away from any open flame. No flame at all when I mix the Meth and lye and hook it up to the pump to mix it in. The flame is only there to heat the oil to 130* and then shut off for good. Alot of people freak out about the gas but if your responsible enough to know what your doing no worries. :thumb:

·
Registered
578 Posts
But what about the methanol fumes in the air?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts