Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took My truck in for coolant blowing out of the surgetank. I was told it was just probably the egr cooler......Wrong the heads are warped. Talk to the tech doing the work, he told me that they are only .002 from being flat. Ford says to replace them, so while it was in there with the heads off it just seemed to be the perfect time to stud the ole fat butt. Thanks to DJ's getting them to me overnight I should have her back by the weekend :thumb:.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thats awesome!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yep, maybe time to do a little injector and turbo upgrade!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one in my bay right now that the heads are garbage. Ran the studs up the flag pole with the customer, and he shot it down with a quickness. No extra labor, no extra effort, and he tows a 26 foot trailer to New Jersy from Florida. Amazing

·
Registered
190 Posts
Took My truck in for coolant blowing out of the surgetank. I was told it was just probably the egr cooler......Wrong the heads are warped. Talk to the tech doing the work, he told me that they are only .002 from being flat. Ford says to replace them, so while it was in there with the heads off it just seemed to be the perfect time to stud the ole fat butt. Thanks to DJ's getting them to me overnight I should have her back by the weekend :thumb:.
Just a quick ? for you, did your dealer comment about your exhaust not having the cat on? or did u bolt her up before going in?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Just a quick ? for you, did your dealer comment about your exhaust not having the cat on? or did u bolt her up before going in?
they should not care that his cat is gone. b/c the heads are shot that has nothing to do with exhaust. i have also read that ford does not care if the cat is there or not b/c the EPA requires them not ford. i do not know if that is true or not.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have one in my bay right now that the heads are garbage. Ran the studs up the flag pole with the customer, and he shot it down with a quickness. No extra labor, no extra effort, and he tows a 26 foot trailer to New Jersy from Florida. Amazing

WOW what a :tard:. Cheapest insurance he could have purchased in my opinion.:doh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
WOW what a :tard:. Cheapest insurance he could have purchased in my opinion.:doh:
:nod: But none the less, it was a no go. Customer still left happy though with a good running repaired truck. That's all that matters

·
Registered
59 Posts
My truck is getting studded right now (ARPs) at the ford dealer. Blowing coolant every time I put her under a load or tow. I am being made to sign a waiver for the studs on my warranty is that right?

·
Registered
59 Posts

I got these today $404.11 shipped

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
nothing like a free head job. I wish I could've gotten mine done before the warranty went out.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
No nastiness intended, mod remove if necessary.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
:nod: But none the less, it was a no go. Customer still left happy though with a good running repaired truck. That's all that matters
oh well hopefully for your sake it will be back then you can make more money and do he job again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope left the cat delete on. The dealer didn't say anything about the cat not being on there for the warranty work. They just gave me a little grief about it for the state inspection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts