Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im going to look at buying my first stroker when I do so I will be taking the edge cts to check out the delta T's between coolant and the oil systems. Apart from that is there a particular year of the 6.0L generation that is better than the rest? I have been looking for a 350 06/07 king ranch but they seem to be few and far between so I might be just getting the Lariat nstead. Also what would be the cost of installing the egr delete kit, coolant filter and restore of that system and which is the best to purchase of those upgrades? I am a millwright mechanic so I will be doing the work myself so labour wont be an issue. thanks in advance for all your help

Cory
:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
The ones you're looking at are the best of the 6.0, for reliablity reasons. EGR deletes can be had for a couple hundred dollars, or you can TIG weld the old cooler ends yourself for free :nod:

If you're doing a delete, I'd replace the oil cooler too ($300). Coolant is a personal preference though, some will say it's mandatory to switch to an ELC of some sort, or people like me say to just go with Frod gold and change it out every 40-50k :dunno:. Ford gold type coolant is like $15/gallon IIRC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts