Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a new exhaust system and I already have a guy to go to for anything and everything I need. Im just wondering if I should go with a stack or stacks or just run it under my truck. I already figured out Im going with stainless and its going to be straight piped but Im just wondering if I should go with a stack(s) or not. Any suggestions will be appreciated.:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
yea they look sweet, only do it if your gonna keep the truck a while tho

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive heard from a bunch of people that stacks are a bad idea but I just contradicted everything they said. Like I had someone tell me that it blows coal all over the cab but Im gonna make it about 6" over the cab and they are going to be black so no worries about chrome. the only thing I havent decided so far is whether to put a 45* at the top or make it straight.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
If I did my exhaust again I would go stacks. Although my exhaust only cost me $180, I pieced it together.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i did a single 5 inch and i love it! but yeah it does get soot all over the place hahaha, but i was wondering any of you idi guys straight pipe your trucks if its non turbo my buddie has an idi and i didnt think stright pipe would be good if no turbo

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya I just straight piped it but no stacks. I decided I didnt want any holes in my bed. and if you staight pipe an non turbo idi it sounds okay but if you do a stack with a straight pipe it sounds like a stockcar going down the street. Me and my buddy did a stack on his and at first we straight piped it but decided to put the muffler back on with the stack. It sounds brilliant with the muffler on. but ya I did the 4" straight pipe and it sounds damn good.:thumb::thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts