Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to take the leap of faith. Not a technician by any means but not even close to being new to diesels. Im aware of that the 6.4's are capable of and aware that when they fail they fail hard. I hit the problems forum and im tired of reading that. I wanna know are more people satisfied and having no issues or are more people having issues and hating there lives. Its hard to find happy people because they dont say anything theres no reason to so it makes every engine seem like they are all failing when really its closer to like 5 percent. Just wanna hear some good if there is honest good stuff to hear.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is my second 6.4. My first, a 2008, had a radiator issue that was handled under warranty. I had it for 2 years with no other problems. It was a great truck. My 2010 has been flawless. I have 2 friends that both own 2009 models. Both could not be happier. Is this what you want to hear?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Congrats man! My 2010 hasnt had any problems also!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,157 Posts
I bought my 08 job 1 with 112,xxx miles. It now has 127,xxx. It was already deleted when I got it. I checked the oasis report- it's had a new radiator and the updated hoses, I've changed the glow plug harness on driver side bc it was leaking on #1 glow plug, and replaced the front cover bc it was leaking, new belt tensioners, replaced cam sensor bc it was leaking, and that's it. Nothing major at all. I'm running the h&s mini maxx on the hot damn 300 on the hot level.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
369 Posts
my 2010 no issues 65k on it and 35k deleted. just cant seem to keep the heated seat working.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
appreciate the feed back guys. Ive seen that front cover cavitation that's something that I don't dig on at all.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
2008 Job 2 over here. Love my truck. Actually buying another car so I don't have to DD the truck so I can keep it around longer! There isn't another truck on the market I would trade it for. Bought it at 58k miles, currently at 87k. First oil change I thought I was having cavitation issues, but my front cover looked like its brand new. Had radiator hoses leak (as they were the single O-ring design). Other than that, no issues at all. It runs flawless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts