Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before I get flak for making a thread on the highest HP 6.0 and how much I love it and whyI could possibly think of owning a dodge. I need to make this clear.

"you have to pay to play"

that statement is what I live by. If I cannot afford it I am not buying it so a 6.0 would bankrupt me and a 7.3 would not get me to the power level I want without making me a very poor man with a very fast truck that is not going anywhere fast thanks to the rising price in diesel :doh:. and well a 6.4 is 60000 dollars so yeah. no.

So the perfect balance between streetable power reliability and CHEAP is a 94-97 12v Cummins.

My goal is 500-600 at first. and since NADP is 30 minutes from my house I got service in my area. and since all the 12 valve is mechanical injection I should be able to do almost all the work myself. I got a quote for 15k +cost of truck to get to 600 on fuel alone so. :woot:

however driving a dodge makes me want to vomit.

but being able to say I built it makes me smile. also a inline 6 is such a pleasure to work on.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Build yourself a ford with a 12 valve in it. That'll take one more ugly dodge off the road. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
^^^^^^ Ditto!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is this similiar to the other thread you mentioned where you claim to have something and really don't, just to get people stirred up?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is this similiar to the other thread you mentioned where you claim to have something and really don't, just to get people stirred up?

Maybe this means he'll be going to all the Cummins boards rather than hanging around here.... :fingers-crossed:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Uncalled for, guys. We are better than that. Let's try to remain civil. We don't tell people to go away just because they don't drive a PSD.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never claimed to own anything. I was simply wondering where the most powerful 6.0 liter was in terms of power the only thing I claimed to own was the june 2008 issue of diesel power and on page 212 there was a chevy s10 with a twin turbo powerstroke being built that was going to put out a estimated 900 HP

And trust me if I owned a reliable fuel only 900HP 6.0 PSD I would have a video backing up my claim. and the world would know its mine.

As for swapping a 12v into a superduty if I had the cash to do that I would just stick with owning the superduty and the 6.0 liter or 7.3 liter engine in it and also another option I thought of was throwing the same 5.9 liter 12 vavle into my 92 F-150 and just tub it and throw some big *** slicks on it.

but 8000 for the truck and 15k in upgrades and I got what I want. I am not downplaying ford nor am I switching loyalty to dodge just the fact is I have to be economical and I am building a race orientated vehicle.:woot:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe this means he'll be going to all the Cummins boards rather than hanging around here.... :fingers-crossed:
To put it bluntly that is a pretty blatant and downright hurtful post. I honestly hope you are being sarcastic.

The fact is I love a myriad of engines from the RB26DETT to the 5.0 liter ford ( I can work on mine with my eyes blindfolded) to the 12v cummins the powerstroke family and the Commonrail 5.9. I appreciate the time and money people put into there vehicles they do not view it as just going from A to B it is there livelihood there hobby and with most of the trucks there job that provides for there family and to wrap those qualitys up into one and the trucks take on a special meaning.

And to make things clear if I had won the lottery I would own a heated garage with all the big 3 diesels in it built for race if it could be done or was experimental and they needed a guinea pig I would be the tuners man. because I would have the time money to do it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
"[I want to know where my 900 hp 6.0 is on #2 with heui injection?

before you say impossible I have a saying. "impossible is a word used by those who will not"

I want to know who owns the most powerful 6 liter.]"

I believe by useing the word " my " in the first sentence implies that you have a 900 HP Powerstroke. I was just curious if you were stirring the pot a little when you said you were going to buy a Cummins. To each their own, I've thought about it myself. In No way was I implying for you to leave this site. I love the fact that in a short time you can read so many different opinions on here. Sorry if I offended you Saber123316.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
15k to get 600 rwhp out of a cummins?

Give me 15k and I'll get you more then 600 hp out of a 7.3 ;)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
correct me if im wrong but if you have $15k to put into a motor than why not a ford? you could twin turbo a 6.0 with head studs, fuel system, injectors, and tranny and have 600 or more hp. hell you could find a cummins 12v motor for less than $5k and still have $ left to put into it and do your swap.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I never claimed to own anything. I was simply wondering where the most powerful 6.0 liter was in terms of power the only thing I claimed to own was the june 2008 issue of diesel power and on page 212 there was a chevy s10 with a twin turbo powerstroke being built that was going to put out a estimated 900 HP

And trust me if I owned a reliable fuel only 900HP 6.0 PSD I would have a video backing up my claim. and the world would know its mine.

As for swapping a 12v into a superduty if I had the cash to do that I would just stick with owning the superduty and the 6.0 liter or 7.3 liter engine in it and also another option I thought of was throwing the same 5.9 liter 12 vavle into my 92 F-150 and just tub it and throw some big *** slicks on it.

but 8000 for the truck and 15k in upgrades and I got what I want. I am not downplaying ford nor am I switching loyalty to dodge just the fact is I have to be economical and I am building a race orientated vehicle.:woot:
I am trying to catch up here, Do you have a PSD??:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Looks like a kinda crazy thread......Always have wondered why guys without strokes hang around this site.....In no way am i saying they are not welcome, but ive always wondered why haha.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
No he owns a 92 F-150.
Oh. Well then I understand. I am not really a dodge truck guy. Have had and still do have some 60's Mopars. But I have never liked their trucks too much. A buddy and I were out of projects about a year ago and discussed doing a 12V in an old 1950 Ford truck he had in the back field. But it was just talk. The 2 month conversation ended up with a 2004 f250 2wd 6.0L running 12's. But that still has not gone anywhere. ( I'm sure you understand sabor )
Technical evolution with wife's, Kid's, Taxes, Collage educations, Mortgages Ect,Ect.Ect can be a slow process.:crazy::crazy:

Sorry if I :hijack:

Go on, Tell us more about your cummins plan.:popcorn:

:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I own a 92 F-150 yes and my father owns a 2004 6.0 liter and my uncle owns a 2001 7.3

Im a 12 valve fan a 6.0 fan and a 7.3 fan and I am turning around to the 6.4.

I just hate the truck the 12 valve is in. I dunno time will tell.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
:

I just hate the truck the 12 valve is in. I dunno time will tell.
I can inderstand that. As I said in the past, My brother had a 2500 cummins. It was ok. just a work truck in my mind.
I do like the cummins though. Good luck with your purchase, I still have to recommend a PSD.
We are members of a PSD website. I'm sure you understand, And when you get sick of that " Work Truck " feel. Get yourself a PSD and log back on.

Good luck again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What would it take to get a 600hp on fuel only 6.0 PSD?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
look at jamztoys post at the top of page two thats a general idea

1 - 20 of 26 Posts