Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've known the 88 F250 ever since I could remember (Dad has owned it since new). Well I've been driving it for about 2 1/2 years now but it isn't my daily driver just the when I feel like driving it driver. Well tonight I figured out it has a tilt steering colum. This whole time I thought it wasn't a tilt but I have in the past tried to make it tilt but never could. The way I found out it had a tilt was because my friend bought an 89 F250 to offroad and beat and he was tilting the colum. Well I go over and look at it see how it works. Well I get in the 88 look at it and it has the same set up. Well I push the turn signal lever forward with a little bit more force and sure enough the steering wheel tilts. It only took me 4 months of driving it to figure the rear seats folded into a nice flat area.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
LOL right when you think you know your truck it seems like something new just pops up..

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
its ok ive dont that before.....and its always funny when you figure it out .....you feel so dumb that it was so simple and right in front of your face :crazy:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its ok ive dont that before.....and its always funny when you figure it out .....you feel so dumb that it was so simple and right in front of your face :crazy:
I've tried it a bunch of times before but was afraid I was going to break something.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
great find! feels like a new truck all over doesnt it?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Gonna be all nice and comfy driving it it will become the dd.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i had a hard time getting the parking/turn signal lights out, i didn't realize it was just clips in there. I was pulling and tugging (too gentle of course) and thought i had to take out the whole assembly. Nope just had to be a little rougher on the beast LOL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I replaced my fog light bulbs. I pried and checked the owner's manual and looked on line for instructions. No instructions were posted because all I had to do is push in and twist :doh:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts