Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new in box set of rear Genuine Gears for 10.25. They are 4.10 ratio. Part# FD1025-410. It also comes with a master install kit new in box. I have about $420.00 in these. I can take pics of the boxes if need be.
Thanks

Looking for $175 obo

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you still have the gears is it a set ffor front and rear or only one

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
DIBS Will it fit in my 05 rear?

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
you can fit the 10.25 (198? - 1998) inch gears in the newer 10.5 (1999 - 2009, excluding duallys) in axle (but not the other way), but you'll need an older carrier.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
OK If it works for me im buying it. This will make me posi track right?

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
depends whether the carrier you get is an open carrier or a posi carrier

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Well I now know I dont know crap about rears. Well on a truck anyhow. lol So I take it I cant buy this and bolt it in?

·
Registered
618 Posts
no it is not just a bolt in. gear contact pattern, back lash and bearing pre load all have to be set up corectly.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Ok I have gotten confussed. So if I buy this what else will I have to do to make it work, and/or make my truck posi?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to buy a newer style posi carrier and with these gears will give you a posi 4.10.

By the way Killeen is 10 min from me

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Hey also since you're 4 wheel drive you'll need a set of 4:10's up front as well, plus install kit, don't forget about that...

If you have never installed a set of gears you'll for sure want someone to do it. Gears are something you don't want to mess with if you don't know what you're doing. Labor run's around here about $350 per axle...

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Well I do I have to put 4.10s in the front? I wont be running 4x4 very much. It has 3.73s in it now?

·
Registered
618 Posts
if you dont put 4.10s in the front when you do put it in 4wheel it will bind up and break you driveline or transfer case.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Well I will def. be putting 4.10s in both. Thanks alot guys. And Im pretty sure between me and my team we can get it done. For the record- This is the best diesel site I have ever seen.

·
Registered
618 Posts
glad i could help and i'm sure you here it alot but i'm going to say it anyways. thank you very much for you service to our country. we would not be america without soldiers like you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If they will fit my 2000 excursion I will take them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are the gears still for sale? I have cash.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts