Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2004 F250, 6.0 ps, auto trans, ext cab, 4X4, 52 K miles.
I was hoping for some good input from you folks who have the 6.0 on things to look out for regarding potential problems ( I've read about some on here), recommended maint procedures, supplies (oil types, brands, etc. example rotella 15w40, or synthetic, etc)
I have heard about some problems with the 6.0 so I'd like to learn as much as I can about it.
Do many of you use the dealer for some service parts, or aftermarket?

I work as a mech for the army as a civilian working on military junk, so I'll be doing work myself. Only small diesels we have in trucks are the 6.2 and 6.5 GM's

Also: Is it possible to take the VIN to a dealer and have them do a lookup on any warranty work done. I would think it is, but how willing would they be to share that info...probably have a better chance of me lifting up the truck without a jack.
Thanks for any and all info you folks out here may have,
Art

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
My truck did not like rotella some folks do but myself na. I use Fords Synthetic oil in my truck. Dealers will not sell the aftermarket parts to get rid of the problems. You would have to look into one of the vendors on the site and contact them. First thing you should look into is the EGR delete kit. As for using the vin number you can pull the oasis report to find out the history on that truck and what was worked on in there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot...I will check into that OASIS report.
Any idea of the time and cost involved for the EGR delete kit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts