Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
USMC(Ret)
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my 2011 basic Sync (no Nav) to v4.6 in Feb. Since then, Siri doesn't work and I can't use the microphone function to speak instead of type into the phone (for messaging or taking a note or anything else using iPhone apps). Sync voice commands still work and I can still pair the phone and make calls and listen to music and run nav programs from the phone. Only the microphone for Siri and entering text by voice doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

·
Registered
173 Posts
@;
I updated my 2011 basic Sync (no Nav) to v4.6 in Feb. Since then, Siri doesn't work and I can't use the microphone function to speak instead of type into the phone (for messaging or taking a note or anything else using iPhone apps). Sync voice commands still work and I can still pair the phone and make calls and listen to music and run nav programs from the phone. Only the microphone for Siri and entering text by voice doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?
I have the Nav on my 2012, and an iPhone 7+ (10.3 beta 7 right now, but same behavior in 10.2.1). I dont know my release, but I updated it this year and i looked like a month ago and it said latest. Siri pops up and I say stuff, but it never registers any audio. I can most of the time make calls, but sometimes when calls come in, i answer them and it shows SYNC and I hear nothing. People hear nothing. I have to switch to Phone or Speaker to hear them, and usually by that time, the person is hanging up from thinking I am not there. This behavior is new with the new update.
They still havent fixed the need to hit BTST instead of Line-In each time you start the truck.

I am actually in the process of swapping the headunit out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just ordered a kenwood ddx9903s, maestro setup and all that jazz. Hopefully this ****ty stock sync unit is a thing of the past soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
USMC(Ret)
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AMG: how much was the ddx9903s? Is it a direct fit replacement for the stock unit. Please post some pics when able.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts