Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which way should i go? Either extreme street or SLR. mods are in sig.

i called matt's shop and hes out of town. so i emailed him. he told me he needed my vin and strat. haven't heard back from him in a few days:dunno: whatever

whats your opinion on both tunes

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Cant go wrong with either of em in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about rwhp. id think they'd be about the same:dunno:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have you considered vivian at quick tricks? I am debating between her and matt for my rig when the time comes. She has got nothing but glowing reviews online with the looney tune and her customer service usually gets 6 out of 5 stars.

I wouldnt hesitate to at least call and pick her brain as she seems to be one of the elite tuners out there for the 6.0.

Todd

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never thought of the looney. i want a go fast tune thats daily drivable. not gonna be racing the truck, just want the power and mileage

·
Registered
867 Posts
never thought of the looney. i want a go fast tune thats daily drivable. not gonna be racing the truck, just want the power and mileage
I believe that is what the looney tune is - a good strong running daily driver tune. I think its the looney tune wild that is the race tune that really gets crazy.

Plus vivian will custom tailor the looney tune if you have certain things you dont like about it. And she is FAST!

Just thought I would throw it out there as another option.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I have used Matts tunes and had great success! He has worked with me trying to get a Powermax to work right and has been very helpful and informative

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really leaning toward idp its such a hard decision:doh:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
to be honest, vivian has great tunes and great customer service, but I just dont like the on/off switch of power that it has.

I'd rather go with IDP, Gearhead or TSD but thats just me.

Gearhead and TSD will give you the best mileage out of any other tune writer hands down.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well just ordered extreme street. will order the slr to when matt gets back with me

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I think Matt has the smoothest power delivery and the best throttle response.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i like matts street ability better than erics. Matts tunes are not as smokey if you are looking at that also

looney and looney wild is second on my list

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think Matt has the smoothest power delivery and the best throttle response.
I could not agree more. I have had both tunes and Matt's SRL was much better at drivability and over all power delivery. The shifting is firm, but not jerky.

The issue I had with IDP was the abruptness from off throttle to on throttle was atrocious. The SRL is smooth and consistent through out the range of accelerator (if that makes sense).

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...scussion/121286-idp-sct-street-tune-help.html

Bryan

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:bump::icon_ford:

·
Registered
863 Posts
i would only run matts or TSD's tunes. matt actually runs this out of his house not a shop. he does this as a side deal. he is out alot durin the summer on vacation with family and doing stuff for work. he has tons and tons of emails to go through every night so it might take him a bit to get back but he will and has great customer service!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I like my tuner to respond within 24 hours if I am having an issue.

I was going to get tunes from Matt (since he seems to be favored a tad more than IDP) but he was taking 2 days at a time to respond so I emailed Eric and had my tunes within 3 hours of sending the paypal.

Can someone tell me if the SRL+ locks the converter like the extreme race? That is starting to become annoying. I love the way extreme street drives and the way the truck revs out in each gear. It would be nice to have the power of the extreme race without the truck shifting early and locking the converter

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I have the Looney Wild, SRL+, and Xtreme Street. The SRL+ wins hands down.

Eric's and Vivian's tunes were very smokey, and they both had the "light switch" throttle response. Matt's SRL+ has amazing driveability, smooth cold starts, and great power. I haven't loaded the Xtreme Street or Looney Wild since I got the SRL+.

Now as far as towing tunes go, Eric's got it locked down. My custom 80HP Aggressive Tow Tune w/ Jake Brake is the greatest tow tune ever..

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I have both and like them both for different reasons. I run matts 8k tow as a daily. I tow alot and don't want to be switching all the time. Still has plenty of power over stock. But I will load Erics xtreme race from time to time when I want to play, but not as a daily driver cause I'd get in trouble. :hehe: It is true that Erics tunes are smokier than matts but Erics tunes are more powerful in my opionion. If I compare xtreme race to srl+, xtreme race is faster. I think its the way it shifts. You have the right idea by getting tunes from both. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts