Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Racing a buddy in the 1/8 this weekend and wanting to know what yall think on who will win.

Both are gonna be 4wd boost launching

My mods are in my sig and Im on 35s with full toolbox and Ranch hand

He has a 09 crew on 33s with a built trans, air dog, intake and exhaust. He has custom idaho rob tunes. His truck pulls really good but we've never raced.

Y'all think I have a chance?

·
Registered
100 Posts
id like to watch this one. your truck sounds heavy, just more bragging wrights when you win :ford::ford:
that dmax does sounds fast.

·
Hate stupid people
8,795 Posts
Dmax. Rob is top notch at tuning. He's got fuel, small tires , weighs less, built trans so I bet his tunes from Rob aren't regular tunes.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah he got special built trans tunes. Ill get the GoPro out for this one!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does he have reinforced tie rods? Hope you not right next to him when one snaps!:rofl:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah he's got em but they're still sitting under his back seat lol My truck is in the shop right now getting new clutches and solenoids under warranty, is it any worse for the trans to take it to the strip the day I get it back?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also what do y'all estimate I would run in the 1/8 and the 1/4??

Thanks!

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
Subbed for this one...

I will say I went up against a d-max in dirt drags set up the same way and beat him a couple of times. Would have liked to race him on the street. I was also de-tuned to the 250 Spartan at that time. I have a feeling this will come down to traction and reaction time. Go pro it for sure:thumb:

Edit: sorry for this little de-rail....

On the topic of GH tunes, do yours hold gears like the tow haul is stuck on? Mine wont shift unless it is close to or past 2k rpms. I am actually getting worse mileage with the GH tunes then I did with the Spartan.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am also getting worse mileage than when I ran Spartan. I know what you mean a little bit. I am not happy with my tunes. I cannot get a WOT run because the gears bang and jump so hard. I can't even punch the gas if the TQC isn't locked. Hoping this is due to my trans going out. Trucks in the shop now so we will find out soon. Trans also banged around really hard with big spartan tunes.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about???

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Not sure what the Duramax should run, but I ran [email protected] back in 2009 with 35" AT's and the truck at full weight minus the tailgate. Can't remember how much fuel was in the tank. I know a few weeks later the truck weighed 8180 with me in it at a sled pull event.

Oh yeah, time was with our 310 tune (older, unrevised tune).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gonna go with the Dmax on this one. With Rob's max effort built trans tune and a good driver that truck should be mid 12s to your ~13.0

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
The Dmax is still limited in power by basically stock fuel and a stock turbo...I dont care who is tuning it. On a dyno, you win if your tranny doesn't slip. On the track I will have to give the edge to the Dmax with his weight and tires size along with a built tranny with the proper tuning.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are gonna race this Friday. Did a boosted launch and used the 1/4 mile app on my phone and these were my numbers

13.00 1/4 @ 99mph
0-60 4.02s

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
We are gonna race this Friday. Did a boosted launch and used the 1/4 mile app on my phone and these were my numbers

13.00 1/4 @ 99mph
0-60 4.02s
The only thing that's decently accurate is the 1/4 ET. You should trap 102-104. The 0-60 second time is way off base though.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
The only thing that's decently accurate is the 1/4 ET. You should trap 102-104. The 0-60 second time is way off base though.
I have seen 60' times, but I haven't seen too many 0-60 MPH times. What would you expect on a heavy tuner only truck?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I have seen 60' times, but I haven't seen too many 0-60 MPH times. What would you expect on a heavy tuner only truck?
I plugged in my 12.3 time slip (with a 1.66 60 foot) to a calculator and it came out at 4.1 seconds for 0-60 time. Truck weighed 7600 lbs with me in it. It was also making a little more horsepower than your standard tuner only truck at the time as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So what Im getting is my free app is not accurate? lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts