Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F350. I just picked up this truck and it seems to have an issue. after a bit of driving the indicator light for the shifter starts bouncing around while driving and making the tranny shift crazy. it will bounce back and fourth putting the tranny in and out of neutral. truck has 140K on it. Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
2008 F350. I just picked up this truck and it seems to have an issue. after a bit of driving the indicator light for the shifter starts bouncing around while driving and making the tranny shift crazy. it will bounce back and fourth putting the tranny in and out of neutral. truck has 140K on it. Thanks
This is what mine is doing....Anyone got any ideas. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here. Seems to start happening when truck gets to operating temp. 2008 F350. After some research I figured it could be the fan clutch... but after unplugging it same problem continues.

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
Random shifting is almost always a TCM issue

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
When I try and check transmission codes with h&s tuner it just says initializing communication and never ends up connecting I have to unplug it
I would assume the TCM is not communicating hence the tuner is unable to connect. I am not a computer guy, if its mechanical I can fix it. I have a 24 yr old who does all the computer stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts