Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys run both and notice which one you like better? Give me input. I’m in the market for delete tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im in the same market, I’ve chosen to go with tyrant when my time comes im just waiting to see when the bomb blows up (P20EE and P0401 CEL codes). I’ve heard nothing but good things about them and look forward to buying the tow and performance tunes from them.

Just out of curiosity, why are you choosing to knock off those emission parts (delete)?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
You can't go wrong with Tyrant, he'll work with you to make your tune right and the power is unreal as well as MPG gain. Can't say for GDP though but have also heard good things.

I've got a nice shiny GTX for sale with tunes already on it, save some cash!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m choosing to delete because I want to see how the 6.7 would be without emissions since they still run decent with emissions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m using GDP, and there’s a page on fb where I can communicate with them if I have any issues. Had some questions when installing and they responded immediately and got me straightened out. Running the Banana smoothie rumble tune with 2nd gear TC lock and it’s nice I’d say you couldn’t go wrong with either one to be honest.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I am kind of picky in terms of transmission shifting and throttle response. I want tunes that are very responsive and downshift immediately when the engine lugs. Do GDP tunes have separate hiss and rumble tunes also?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes there is regular banana smoothie (Hiss) and banana smoothie rumble. The TCM tune that I have is very firm, raises the shift points by 6mph I believe. I’m still iffy about the tcm tune only because it won’t shift into 6th until about 48mph, and every once in a while there will be a very hard downshift from 3-2, but I think my transmission is still adapting to the new tunes. Hasn’t done it in a while and only seems to do it if it shifts into 3rd and has to downshift immediately after. Also 1st is extremely short

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both very reputable. I just did Tyrant today on a friends 16 250 "race" truck and it worked flawlessly.

I have a GDP tuner in hand for my 3.0 Power Stroke and I called them the other day to ask a few questions, was on hold for maybe 15-20 minutes, but once i got thru, questions answered, I have also emailed them a few times and they reply within the hour. From what I have been told just stay away from PPEI on the Fords...

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I am looking for new tunes for my truck. I currently have Punch it performance tunes and they are good. I am just looking for something different and more updated. I tuned mine right after I bought it at 30K miles. I have a SCT LWTS and looking for someone who can write tunes for it. Things like locking the TC thru certain gears and adjusting shift is not something I have on mine. Also can they use the turbo to assist in engine braking? My 6.0 does this when it is in tow haul and its pretty cool. Where is the best place to go to get these or can I get them direct. Happy 4th

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes there is regular banana smoothie (Hiss) and banana smoothie rumble. The TCM tune that I have is very firm, raises the shift points by 6mph I believe. I’m still iffy about the tcm tune only because it won’t shift into 6th until about 48mph, and every once in a while there will be a very hard downshift from 3-2, but I think my transmission is still adapting to the new tunes. Hasn’t done it in a while and only seems to do it if it shifts into 3rd and has to downshift immediately after. Also 1st is extremely short

I

was using the same tranny tune. I messaged them through my ezlynk and asked for a medium shift point. About 20 minutes later they updated my ezlynk with a medium +4 mph shift tune. GDP is very responsive.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Proven Diesel is really good also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious can anyone explain the difference between the rumble and hiss banana smoothie tune? I'm currently running the hiss. I have a 2015 fully deleted with ezlynk and gdp tunes. I will also say that gdp has been excellent.

·
Super Moderator
9,292 Posts
HISS= Turbine VGT blades are being controlled to make the hiss.
Rumble= Actuating the VGT blades to (open/close??) to allow for flow...more rumble.

It's all about user choice. I believe that Ford had this sort of thing programmed in to allow the motor to warm up when needed. As I run tuning files that do both but it's always dependent on the outside air temp. Cold outside= Hiss till the truck is warmed up. Summer time= Short hiss on startup...then straight to rumble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I loaded the rumble but will be switching back to hiss because it's a much cleaner tune. I've never blown black smoke like this with the hiss tune.

·
Registered
294 Posts
HISS= Turbine VGT blades are being controlled to make the hiss.
Rumble= Actuating the VGT blades to (open/close??) to allow for flow...more rumble.

It's all about user choice. I believe that Ford had this sort of thing programmed in to allow the motor to warm up when needed. As I run tuning files that do both but it's always dependent on the outside air temp. Cold outside= Hiss till the truck is warmed up. Summer time= Short hiss on startup...then straight to rumble.

Any performance advantage to either tune? One harder on the turbo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm very new to this and honestly dont understand a whole lot about these tunes or honestly the truck in general. I have however been learning quite a bit. However I am one of those guys that pulls wrenches all day working on gas and steam turbines and if all is well or seems well I dont fool with it when it comes to my vehicles or stuff at home. I think its called lazy! Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have only ran the GDP. With that said I am very pleased with them. There tunes are amazing and their customer service is 2nd to none. I could not be any happier

·
Registered
76 Posts
For people that have run Tyrant, does he offer a no power tune? How much HP is his tow tune? How is the exhaust brake compared to stock?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,222 Posts
For people that have run Tyrant, does he offer a no power tune? How much HP is his tow tune? How is the exhaust brake compared to stock?
custom tuners can set that all up how you want it. i would email Tyrant and see what they can work out for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
After re-reading my post, I should have asked what is available on his cloud for EZ Lynk? I have tried emailing but no luck so far.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts