Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about getting some gauges. I know that I want EGT, and Bost PSI. But don't know where the best place to get the most accurate reading. I know that you can get an after market mamifold for Chevy so no drilling is needed. And is the stock Trans Temp good enough? I didn't want to put them on my A Piller, is their someone that make a pod that goes on my head liner by the light/mpg/temp display?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The stock trans temp is not good enough. Most guys will tell you they see a vastly different reading from their aftermarket gauges and the stock gauge. And I don't know who makes them but I've seen quite a few guys have gauges in the spot you are speaking about. Just search around the vendors sites and I'm sure you'll run across what your looking for. Actually I just looked on stealth's website and they have a gauge kit and you can have your pod sit above your mirror like you were talking about.

Here's the site: Stealth Automotive. Auto Meter Gauge Kits

If you go down to gauge pod options it'll list different areas and you can choose. I'm sure there are others out there but that's a start.

·
Premium Member
20,352 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll give that site a looksy:thumb:

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am currently rolling stock, but I want to put a S&B intake, 4 inch Flow Pro cat delete, and some SCT Tuneing. I don't plan on raceing or doing any major pulling. But the I do know how that skinny peddle tends to hit the floor. I just want to know I have what it take to pass that little ricer while pulling my boat.:eek:wned: Then I might let the additiction take hold. But should I look into any other gauges?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts