Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a questions for yall. I have autometer ultralite 2 gagues that im not that happy with. They look great but the egt gauge and the boost gauge are kinda slow to react. The needle on the egt gauge sometimes shutters like its confused. When this first started happening I thought I might have a bad ground or didnt have enough volts going to them. So I rewired all my gauges with 10 gauge wire just to be sure. I have the lights in the gauges running off of the running lights wire in the trailer wiring harness on the frame rail and the power wire goes to the HOT wire in the trailer wiring harness aswell. So if yall could let me know yalls opinions about whats the best gagues out there I would sure appreciate it. The only thing I really want is for them to be silver other than that I dont care.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no go for it. I posted this in the general diesel discution and no one answered so I posted here too!

What kind do you like?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I run Autometer Cobalts right now, but am going to be switching them out for some custom Speed Hut gauges in the near future, with a PLX OBD gauge

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like my DiProcol Optix gauges really well.

I like those and have heard good things about that brand. I wonder if they make silver though. Just curious why 2 egt gagues? is one pre turbo and one aft? Also how do yall like having your trans gauges? I just have egt and boost casue I didnt want it all clutered looking but now I wish I had oil pressure and trans temp.

here are my gagues.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
My Autometer Cobalt's are really good. I havent had any problems out of them. If they do eventually go out, Diprocol's will be going in

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Autometer Cobalt's are really good. I havent had any problems out of them. If they do eventually go out, Diprocol's will be going in
I like the way mine look in the daytime but they kinda suck at night. The diprocols look awsome atnight all the numbers are lighted the same amount. When I bought these gagues I thought they were gona be good but Im kinda disapointed in them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I looked at the speedhuts gauges and love those but just couldn't spend the money. I have autometer ultralite though and love them. I know some ppl say the boost gauge will be twitchy but my boost and pyro respond extremely quick and dont twitch or respond slow at all. Autometer has a pretty good warranty you should just try to trade the gauge and see if that will fix it.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I like the way mine look in the daytime but they kinda suck at night. The diprocols look awsome atnight all the numbers are lighted the same amount. When I bought these gagues I thought they were gona be good but Im kinda disapointed in them.
You have seen my old avatar havent you? If you dont remember it, I will post up the picture and let you see the Cobalt's at night. They look really cool at night :nod:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run Autometer Cobalts right now, but am going to be switching them out for some custom Speed Hut gauges in the near future, with a PLX OBD gauge
those plx obd gagues are sweet! ive never seen those before. Im gona get one of those little guys. Where is a good place to buy one? I googled them and found a place in the uk and then one place here but was curious as to who had the best price.

Cobb can you get those?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
those plx obd gagues are sweet! ive never seen those before. Im gona get one of those little guys. Where is a good place to buy one? I googled them and found a place in the uk and then one place here but was curious as to who had the best price.

Cobb can you get those?
Didnt you know....? John will get you anything you need :thumb:

·
Registered
764 Posts
i have the autometer cobalts as well and i love them i had them on my 7.3 too they are bright and easy to read. my boss has the same ones as you on his duramax and i think they are too dim and hard too read

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have the autometer cobalts as well and i love them i had them on my 7.3 too they are bright and easy to read. my boss has the same ones as you on his duramax and i think they are too dim and hard too read
Yeah they are ok in the day time but at night they suck. I even tried the LED bulbs but it didnt help much. Ill check out the cobalts.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I have ISSPRO Performax's in mine and love them. Only 3 wires going into the pillar and the install was pretty easy too. The hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the PCM

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a set of banks dynotest guages for years now and never had a problem i like them cuz they dont need power to work. all manual. only think is i dont know if the new ones are like this. my guages are like 7 years old, so you can say they last.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have the dash daq but hardly turn it on, im getting ready to get a triple a pillar gauge, i really think that gauges really make the truck look better, i just gotta save up the 415 dollars that a vendor quoted me on, is ther another vendor on here that can beat that price i want phantom 2 gauges, boost 0-60, pyro 0-2000, and tranny

thanks
shad

1 - 20 of 37 Posts