Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have my DP chip and love it. I sold my Evo 2 so now I need to get gauges. I am trying to decide between standard autometers or a moniter such as the quad commander. I would say the nice thing about the moniters is you can watch more than just the standard 3 things. How accurate are they and will havig an ITP overboost annihilator mess with the boost readings. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
177 Posts
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
177 Posts
you might post this thread in "general postings". You may get a better response?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i had the edge and ditched all of it for a chip and gauges, i love the look of gauges, plus some thief, wont think its a tv

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Well I guess I will post up my experience with my monitor.

I have the bullydog outlook monitor for probably 40K+ miles. I wish I would have just went with gauges to tell you the truth. It says my peak boost was 61lbs (on a stock turbo lol), my trans. temp never goes above 80 degrees (no matter how hard I beat the thing), and my EGTS are always off by a couple hundred degrees (sometimes even more, says my Spearco IC has done nothing to cool down the temp lol).

If I were you I would go with a nice set of mechanical gauges. I hope this post helps in some way. Good luck with your purchase either way!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I have decided on gauges mostly because I have the ITP boost fooler which will throw off my boost readings with a moniter.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Gauges all the way, what happens when something goes wrong with the boost feature of the monitor? You go without all your gauges, and many times tunes, while it is repaired, they are also harder to read and require more time to read them, this is bad given the right condition. No thanks give me seperate units that are quick to read. I don't even buy TV's with built in DVD or VHS players in them. Isspro is the brand I recommend.

NCH

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Most folks like the look of analog gauges more from my experiance. That's not to say the a digital display doen not have it's purpose. There are pros and cons to both, like most things. A good quality set of "hard" gauges are going to treat you right and be very accurate. We have put together a kit of ISSPRO EV series that will match your factory instruments perfectly. Take a look at them before you buy. If you have any questions let us know.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i had the edge and ditched all of it for a chip and gauges, i love the look of gauges, plus some thief, wont think its a tv
I like what he said about the thief, he's right. I personally love watching the guages move. I dunno why, it's fascinating. Plus you can have lots and monitor everything if you wanted to. :dunno: My $0.02

·
Registered
281 Posts
Most folks like the look of analog gauges more from my experiance. That's not to say the a digital display doen not have it's purpose. There are pros and cons to both, like most things. A good quality set of "hard" gauges are going to treat you right and be very accurate. We have put together a kit of ISSPRO EV series that will match your factory instruments perfectly. Take a look at them before you buy. If you have any questions let us know.
Dave gives good advice here, he's great to do business with as well, always very helpful and has some of if not the best install instructions for gauges, give him a call and talk it over, can't go wrong with a set of gauges from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts