Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know why the engine light is on. I read in the instructions that some trucks when you replace the bolt in the trans it will read that something is wrong. Well after I got the gauges in and turned the truck on the engine light was on so I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has the engine light senser for the transmission. What can I do to get the light off?
Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolt or whatever its called that I took out of the transmission hole to place the gauge senser probe into does that have somthing to do with the light being on? I see there is some way you can unhook the senser so the light want come on but don't know how or it says you can put a T in the threaded hole and put both probes in will this let make the light go off or is it easier to just unplug the senser wherever it is?

·
Registered
634 Posts
What year is your truck darrell? And im thinking you might have put your gauge probe in the wrong spot. Where is this bolt you are referring too?

On the drivers side of the tranny there is a plug. You remove that plug and install the gauge probe there. You dont have to mess with any factory probes or wiring so its impossible that it will put n your engine light.

It sounds to me that you messed with some factory wiring while installing your gauge probe which is now making your engine light come on.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Okay that wouldnt have caused the engine light to come on. Are you sure you didnt bump any other wiring while putting the gauges in?

Could also be a coincidence that the light came on while installing the gauges. If you could plug your truck in and see if there are any codes then it would be easier to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took it to the advance store to let them pull the code. The lady doing it was reading the screen and it said one code I watched her she was suppose to read the code but instead deleted it. So I don't know what the code was cause she ran it again and it said no codes and the light went off. I have drove it about 25 miles and still no light you think this is ok or if there was something wrong the light would come back on??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts