Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gauges should I install on my stock 2005 6.0 with 86000 miles on it? Can anyone recomend quality gauges that can be installed at home in my garage?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'll check it out.........

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Don't forget about DashBoss. $300 gets you everything needed to monitor the 6.0, including Fuel psi and EGT.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Take a look at the monitoring thread already linked, or my sig.

Figure out your budget and features and make your choice, I've covered the more popular options there.

With that said, I run an Insight CS with Autometer gauges, but everything can be done with the Insight CS or CTS.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
There's actually more different gauges avaiable than what we have on our site. We only put up there the most popular ones. These are what we stock, but we can order any ISSPRO gauge that you like if we don't have it.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I would have to say get the Edge Insight CT/CTS.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
As a guy who runs both, the Insight or monitor is much more cost effective for the number of PIDs monitored.

Also, gauges alone cannot effectively monitor the 6.0L. The following PIDs cannot be covered in a gauge:

FICM Voltage
VGT Duty Cycle
TTC Duty Cycle
Trans Gear and TTC lockup
Pulling of DTCs

Be cautious and research the cost to benefit of how you monitor your motor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go with the edge man best bet or if u like old school gagues go w the trip pillar w the ford racing gauges ;)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I say go with the Dashboss setup if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPad, even if you don't own one of these devices you can pick up an iPod touch for $50 it is definitely the best bang for your buck. You can monitor everything that an expanded insight cs/cts can for $169.95 where as a fully expanded CTS setup will run you over $700 and a cs around $500-$600. And if you choose that you want to monitor fuel pressure and egt's later on with the dashboss it only costs you an extra $130 tops to add it to the system in all the sensors, probes, and wiring adaptors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went with the insight. The looked at the cost of each add on. Then went with a 3 pod set up. Got fuel pressure. Trans and exhust temp for 220 bucks extra. Only problem i have now is the fuel pressure unit is to long. Got to find a way to put a 90 degree on it to move it away from my top hose

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
See I bought a quad pillar pod gauge cluster with 100 psi fuel press, 2400* pyro, 300* oil temp, and 60 psi boost. That was before I ever really researched all the other setups. If I could go back and do it all over I would definitely go with just the Dashboss setup with the expansions for fuel pressure and EGT's for a total investment of $300. I have close to $500 in my full monitoring setup now simply because I bought the gauges first and the Dashboss later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts