Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my gauges and sct ordered. I got the 3 gauge a pillar from diesel manor and the SCT from DJ's. I should have them Friday and hopefully install them on Saturday. I went ahead and tapped my intake and exhaust manifold and then put dummy plugs in the holes so the install should be easy now.
My understanding from talking with Chris at DJs is they send me a bland tuner and then I send them a code for my truck and then the tunes will be sent to me via email. Am I understanding this correctly? It sounds easy enough, hopefully someone will be around there on Saturday.
I am still up in the air as far as tunes go. My truck is an 05 with 4" straight pipe and airraid dropin filter. I already have 95,000 miles on it and I drive about 50k a year so I need to keep it reliable but at the same time have a little fun. Most of my driving is highway (90 mile roundtrip commute daily) and then I tow my 5k lb boat quite a bit in the summer. Any recommendations on tunes and by keeping my foot out of it most of the time I would think the stock studs should be ok, is this reasonable?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
your on the right path. just send them the strategy and they will send the tunes. download them into your tuner then into your truck. as far as when you tow. just switch to tow tune. and gas mileage just keep it in the street setting cause it dont seem any different on economy tune.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have a tow tune, a street tune, and a looney tune. I haven't run anything but the looney. On the highway it kicks butt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts