Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all Im planning to wire boost and pyro gauges to my truck...

First off I have read that for the boost all you need is power and ground but for pyrometer you need a constant 12 v . Is it better to rig to the dimmer switch or the fuse panel? Why cant you just connect all power wires from both gauges? I dont get this whole 12 v constant for the pyro? Can anyone tell me how to wire the gauge setup?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just used a add a fuse and went into my fuse box, seems to work fine....what ever is easiest for you, it just needs to be constant 12v, not sure if there is a preference.

boost you have to tap into your intake obv pyro into your exhaust manifold, and I wired all my "switched" 12v to an accessory in the fuse box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand, I rig the power wire from one of the Ultralights to one fuse, and the pyrometer to another fuse on the picture shown on this thread...

Gauge Installation - 1994-1997 Power Stroke FAQ

Why do they have to run to 2 differn't fuses? The Pyro has a Red wire, a white wire, and a black wire, I touched the red wire to the positive terminal of the battery and and the black wire to to the negative terminal and it did not light up.... I just need to know what the three wires on the pyro are for (assuming black is ground) and how to wire up the boost and pyro? Does the pyro need a constant 12v? And is the white wire run to the dimmer switch? Can I do that with the boost? Help please.....

Also does anyone know what fittings I need for "T ing" into the map sensor ?

Thank you any help is appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess if someone could tell me where the dimmer light wire is, and where exactly to rig all the wires up would be very helpfull. Thank you PSN...

-Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.