Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gauge ?

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  7.3_TurboDiesel 
#1 ·
Looking for some kind of electrical gauge with OBD connection to keep an eye on everything happening in the truck. I have seen the Edge products but is there anything else? Maybe smaller price tag?

2001 F250

#3 ·
3 things you can do, you can get an SCT either X4 or Live wire, both monitor but need EGT probe, x4 can tune. Next, you can get the edge and get the EGT probe. Finally you can get a BAFX OBD2 reader and an old phone or a tablet. They will do everything you need but not EGT.

#5 ·
I have a Scangauge 2 and it works good.

Reactions: Kryptic_361
#12 ·
If I were you I would get a CTS. Even the original CTS works great, it’s what I have. You can get them for cheap, my local diesel shop actually gave me one for free since they just had it laying around. You’ll need an EGT probe to watch egts though, as said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I have a CTS and the screen is plenty big enough to real easily even on the road especially in the Analogue setting with three large gauges and the two small digital. The backup camera is also handy for lining up the hitch ball and parallel parking.

Just be advised if you get one used that Edge is no longer servicing the original CTS units so when it dies, if it ever does, it’s gone for good. Edge will give you a trade in on your dead unit towards a new CTS2

#17 ·
Go big and get an android double din so you can use your Bluetooth adapter, run torque pro on the double din screen and have your gauges there.....no egt in that scenario though.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.