Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some kind of electrical gauge with OBD connection to keep an eye on everything happening in the truck. I have seen the Edge products but is there anything else? Maybe smaller price tag?

2001 F250

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking for some kind of electrical gauge with OBD connection to keep an eye on everything happening in the truck. I have seen the Edge products but is there anything else? Maybe smaller price tag?

2001 F250

You could try Dp tuner I think he does a gauge monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
3 things you can do, you can get an SCT either X4 or Live wire, both monitor but need EGT probe, x4 can tune. Next, you can get the edge and get the EGT probe. Finally you can get a BAFX OBD2 reader and an old phone or a tablet. They will do everything you need but not EGT.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was reading about some of the OBD 2 readers and some were not compatible with diesel engines. Have you found this to be true??

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I have a Scangauge 2 and it works good.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
You can get the OBDII adapter off Amazon for like $25 and then get the Torque App Pro for like $5 and use a tablet or phone.

Tablet screen shot

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
If I were you I would get a CTS. Even the original CTS works great, it’s what I have. You can get them for cheap, my local diesel shop actually gave me one for free since they just had it laying around. You’ll need an EGT probe to watch egts though, as said

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I were you I would get a CTS. Even the original CTS works great, it’s what I have. You can get them for cheap, my local diesel shop actually gave me one for free since they just had it laying around. You’ll need an EGT probe to watch egts though, as said

I was thinking the same thing but was not sure about the small display. How do you like the display on yours?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don’t have any issue with it, it’s barely smaller than the CTS2 screen. I have it on a 5 pid layout and everything’s easy to see

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a CTS and the screen is plenty big enough to real easily even on the road especially in the Analogue setting with three large gauges and the two small digital. The backup camera is also handy for lining up the hitch ball and parallel parking.

Just be advised if you get one used that Edge is no longer servicing the original CTS units so when it dies, if it ever does, it’s gone for good. Edge will give you a trade in on your dead unit towards a new CTS2

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a CTS and the screen is plenty big enough to real easily even on the road especially in the Analogue setting with three large gauges and the two small digital. The backup camera is also handy for lining up the hitch ball and parallel parking.

Just be advised if you get one used that Edge is no longer servicing the original CTS units so when it dies, if it ever does, it’s gone for good. Edge will give you a trade in on your dead unit towards a new CTS2
If I buy one I will definitely buy a new one. Do you unplug yours if your not going to use the truck for a few days??

·
Registered
458 Posts
Go big and get an android double din so you can use your Bluetooth adapter, run torque pro on the double din screen and have your gauges there.....no egt in that scenario though.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts