Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any negative experiances with the accuracy of the factory Guages with there 6.4? if they are accurate what other gauges would you recommed intalling for the 6.4?

Most of the research I have done seems to suggest intalling a pryometer for the exhaust temps and possibly an oil pressure gauge. Am i missing any other critical measurement?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Love this truck and want to keep it for a very long time.

thanks,

2010 F-350 4x4 Lariat CC LB nicely decorated and bone stock

·
Registered
95 Posts
The factory guages are "Idiot lights" at best. They will not move until it's time for something catastrophic to happen. I installed an Edge CTS in mine. No programmer, just a guage. The coolant can raise over 40* and the factory guage will never move. The CTS plugs in to the OBDII port under the steering column. The 6.4s already have a pyrometer in a great location and the CTS monitors that. Check it out. Plus, I like the look of the install as I didn't like the blind spot created by a pillar full of guages. But that's just me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Golfmedik,

Thanks for the feed back. All I reallly want to do is measure the vitals with ut further tuning. I am getting some fairly good mpg's in the stock fashion and i love the power.

2010 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Crew LB 11500# GVWR nicely equiped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts