Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for a good triple guage pod for the A-pillar. What would you guy's reccomend??:dunno:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I bought mine off of Dieselmanor and it works great for me. Ill go snap some pictures brb.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine off of Dieselmanor and it works great for me. Ill go snap some pictures brb.
Thanx man:thumb: I have old guages from my 06 [Pyro, Fuel Pressure, and Tranny temp] What are you runnin?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Tranny Temp, pyro, 60# boost gauge.

second one not as clear as it looked on the camera sorry

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks great bro! I like the Snow mount too-very original!:thumb: How's the water/meth work for you? I had the stage III on a dodge and on my 6.0 and I could never tell the difference between when it was on and when it was off:doh:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
lol was a fun install came home after working a 13 hour day and started to drill/tap into the cac tube and tapped a little to big so had to JB weld it steady :hehe: oh well other than that its noticeable not by much but its there from what I can tell.

To mount that controller in there you gotta cut off the sides of the ash tray and a good 1/2" off of the retainer clip to get it to sit in nice and snug.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That looks great bro! I like the Snow mount too-very original!:thumb: How's the water/meth work for you? I had the stage III on a dodge and on my 6.0 and I could never tell the difference between when it was on and when it was off:doh:
What's the snow mount??

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That blows about the drill and tap situation:doh: Good thinkin w/the JB weld lol:thumb: Would you say the stage III is worth the money for the 6.4??

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That blows about the drill and tap situation:doh: Good thinkin w/the JB weld lol:thumb: Would you say the stage III is worth the money for the 6.4??
Im not sure the diff in the II and III but I really like the stage III so I would say yes, but never compared the 3 stages, its an easy way to control EGTs and add an extra kick of HP for relatively cheap.

Also have you looked at tonnanoe covers? With the bottle back back and the now the snow 7gal tank I want to hide it all, and was thinking we're pretty much in the same boat.
What you think about putting one of those BAKflip covers on? Black, lockable, 3 folding hard cover on, now obviously the stacks will get in the way but nothing a 5" or 6" hole wouldn't solve... Have you ever seen on and is there bars running under the first section closest to the cab that would get in the way of cutting?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What's the snow mount??
Its just a little controller for Snow Performance Stage III Water/Meth injection system.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not sure the diff in the II and III but I really like the stage III so I would say yes, but never compared the 3 stages, its an easy way to control EGTs and add an extra kick of HP for relatively cheap.

Also have you looked at tonnanoe covers? With the bottle back back and the now the snow 7gal tank I want to hide it all, and was thinking we're pretty much in the same boat.
What you think about putting one of those Trifecta covers on? Black, lockable, 3 folding hard cover on, now obviously the stacks will get in the way but nothing a 5" or 6" hole wouldn't solve... Have you ever seen on and is there bars running under the first section closest to the cab that would get in the way of cutting?
Dude, I got the perfect solution for ya, Truxedo covers:thumb: I had one on my old dodge and it was the shiznit! It was leather, had 3 bars I think, easy to take off, and I'd imagine it would be easy to cut holes for the stacks. I would figure on cuttin like a 5" hole, then clamping the leather w/ a metal ring the same diameter.

Here's a link TruXedo - The New Standard in Tonneau Cover Technology

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
yea I got a buddy in MAP that has that done, and it looks good, but was looking for xtra protection and the ability to sit on it and not worry it about sagging or anything like that, I honestly don't use the flat bed anyways hints the bottle/tank/stacks lol

I think I might try it out and see how it goes :dunno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I honestly don't use the flat bed anyways hints the bottle/tank/stacks lol
I hear ya on that:hehe: Truxedo has those hard covers as well, but Id imagine that they're a lil more expensive. I bet the covers would clean things up alot; hide your goodies for that "sleeper" status:gun:, and give you better milage!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yea lol im running out of stuff to throw on the truck, waiting for some sticks... turbos... beefed up tranny... EGR delete... matching all shocks to the steering stabilizers... fuel reg. return.... hmmm nvm don't think im near done :wink[3]:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks guys.. I remembered it shortly after I posted the question.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
208 Posts
Follow with me guys and let me know what you think. My wife won’t let me remove the “oh s**t” handle from the pillar because she uses it to get in and out of the truck when she drivers so I’m suck with finding another way and place to mount gauges. In order for me to keep the handle and still have a respectable looking pod I'm thinking about ordering a pod from Edge that’s designed for their monitoring unit and modifying it to work (it’s about $45). I think I can fiberglass over the opening for their unit and then mounting two or possibly three 2 1/16” gauges in it (pyro & boost or Tranny, pyro and boost). Two gauges would site by side and I think three will require a triangle shaped mounting system.

With that said does anyone happen to how tall and wide their unit is and how deep it is?? Do you think I’ll have enough room in the pod to slide the gauges in after the hole’s been covered up?? I’m also thinking about using a set of the angled trim rings from Autometer so the gauges face directly at the driver and by doing this it might give me a little more room and lower the mounting depth needed but not I’m not 100% sure on that.

So what do you guys think…. Doable or not doable??

Thanks,
Gerry

1 - 20 of 24 Posts