Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the time I changed my tstat until now the truck gargles after I accelerate sorta hard ...I'm not loosing coolant...not running hotter than 196* ish

Figured after 4k miles or so any air would have worked its way out of the system...other possible causes?

Deltas are 5-7* on flat ground unloaded

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
What coolant are you using?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Do you use the proper anti cavitation additives? SCAs?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanna bump this....

I'm thinking its the Turbo farting instead of gargling...

What causes this?

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
lack of a blowoff valve
Blow off valves are absolutely useless on a diesel engine as there are no throttle plates that slam shut when letting off the throttle.

When your turbo farts it's usually because there is a lot of boost pressure that it has to let out so it releases it through the intake and it causes that farting noise that sounds like a weird backfire sort of. It's normal operation of the turbo on the 6.0 powerstroke.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blow off valves are absolutely useless on a diesel engine as there are no throttle plates that slam shut when letting off the throttle.

When your turbo farts it's usually because there is a lot of boost pressure that it has to let out so it releases it through the intake and it causes that farting noise that sounds like a weird backfire sort of. It's normal operation of the turbo on the 6.0 powerstroke.
Could/would it sound like water gurgling? I'm having no puking at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts