Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what all is different on a fx4 compared to a regular 4x4. I know the interior is diff and it has ranch shocks (that suck) but is there anything diff then that. Like anything that really matters? Just curious! :dunno:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think the Fx4 represents the sport package. What all the sport package consist of....im not sure. Obviously the shocks though.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the Fx4 represents the sport package. What all the sport package consist of....im not sure. Obviously the shocks though.
So far its shocks, A crapy fake leather interior, and painted bumpers.

Mine has sunroof, heated seat, powerfold mirrors, power adjustable gas and brake pedal and some other usless crap like the man step....

·
Registered
489 Posts
You get a really cool FX4 sticker instead of a 4X4 sticker. :wink[3]:
The Fx4 sticker does look better though and is more appealing. You probably only have to pay a few hundred more to get it though. No big deal, a $400 sticker sounds good. Not

·
Registered
489 Posts
i can believe that

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
it is only a $225 addon to a Lariat 4x4
all it includes is transfer case and fuel tank skid plates, the 'Rancho' shocks, and the FX4 sticker

EDIT: plus it requires adding the limited slip axle for a total net addon of $700

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is only a $225 addon to a Lariat 4x4
all it includes is transfer case and fuel tank skid plates, the 'Rancho' shocks, and the FX4 sticker

EDIT: plus it requires adding the limited slip axle for a total net addon of $700
Cool so more then I thought. Does the regular 4x4 not have the limited slip?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
you can add it as an option, but just a lariat 4x4 is a non limited slip 3.55, u can go to a diff ratio and add limited slip as options

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The FX4 is its own trim level (like lariat, xlt, king ranch) in the '08. It used to be shocks, skidplates, and a limited slip that you could add to any superduty, but for the '08 they made it its own model. The FX4 has a unique grill, dsg bumpers, unique interior trim, and of course the shocks and skidplates.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Doesnt the FX4 have 4 inch blocks in the rear instead of 2"? When I put my Firestone air bags on, there were 2 indexing slots for the bolts; 1 for the fx4 and the other slot fit everything else. The fx4 slot was 2 inches taller than the slot for the rest of the super duty trim levels.

Edit- Just noticed this was in the 6.4 section. Im not sure about the newer suspensions.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think the Fx4 grill/bumper option looks a lot better, although, i'm not much of a "bling bling" type guy when it comes to chrome everywhere. Wheels are enough "bling" for me! LoL!

And I parked beside an XLT 4x4 the other evening at wal-mart and mine looked to sit higher.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesnt the FX4 have 4 inch blocks in the rear instead of 2"? When I put my Firestone air bags on, there were 2 indexing slots for the bolts; 1 for the fx4 and the other slot fit everything else. The fx4 slot was 2 inches taller than the slot for the rest of the super duty trim levels.

Edit- Just noticed this was in the 6.4 section. Im not sure about the newer suspensions.
yeah they just have 2" blocks in the rear for the 6.4s

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
The FX4 is its own trim level (like lariat, xlt, king ranch) in the '08. It used to be shocks, skidplates, and a limited slip that you could add to any superduty, but for the '08 they made it its own model. The FX4 has a unique grill, dsg bumpers, unique interior trim, and of course the shocks and skidplates.
apparently they changed again for '09. I was using the ford 'build and price' tool, the FX4 offroad package only shows the few options mentioned above with the package. :dunno:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure what kind of leather you guys got but I'm pretty sure mines real.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine has the black fx4 leather interior and when I was gettin into my truck the clip on my pocket knife cut a hole in the seat. You can see that the backing is a woven material and unless the cows are from mars and there hide is woven im going with its fake.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts