Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have about $11,000 saved up by Christmas. I want to have a reliable truck that makes 700hp easy... I was thinking 1. MTW stage 3 and hoping by then I can have it with a billet wheel?? 2. Warren 190/100's or 225/100.. Don't ever tow and not an everyday driver 3. I need some help on fuel delivery, I know for sure a RR but along the lines of a pump I haven't heard anything good about air dog in a while so what do you guys think? And im thinking NADP for a trans. Along with mods in my sig is there anything else you guys can think of that I need to add to the list? Preciate any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anything over 205's and you may run into low hpop output. Some do, some don't. I believe the big fad right now is an aeromotive a1000, sump, and rr. I have heard people hitting the mid 600's with 190's/stage 3 so 205's should put you right at 700 or darn close. Hybrid injectors are always an option as well.

Of course, an intake manifold, headers, and modified y pipe always help. NADP or BTS always seem to get great reviews. You may checkout warren for a tranny also, been hearing some good from them. A precision tc is a grat add on as well.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Stage 3 , comes with a billet wheel standard, and I agree with above on rest of stuff.:nod: If you are going to track, or run hard then rear end work is going to be needed.:ford:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will a truetrac and stock ring and pinion do the job?

·
Registered
948 Posts
The truetrac is much stronger than the stock unit so I believe you will be fine there.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
I really like the tru-trac! it was worth every penny. I like the fact that it acts like a full locker when you need it but still has the drivability of a limited slip.

If you go with 225s, like was said, you will almost certainly have difficulty maintaining ICP. I have heard that Warrens 205/150s fuel really hard and can make quite a bit of power. Perhaps by the time you do this, the adrenaline HPOP for 05-07 truck will be out so you could have enough high pressure oil for those 225s. You can look at hybrids, but be aware that a hybrid injector won't make as much power as the same size conventional injector, but you can run fairly large hybrids, like over 250cc, with the stock HPOP.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I didn't want say anything, but I can't keep stuff to myself too good. I'm looking at pairing up with a injector builder, prices will be a little less than Warnen injectors but will be top notch.The builder Renegade diesel, Sheldon makes some very nice injectors. He is making me a set for my truck that are sort of one off type injectors. They can be called 205cc but are closer to 200cc and have a 150 nozzle. Also the injectors will be open fill port so the idle will sound smooth and stock.I will be testing them with the stage 3 in the truck, and see what kind of power I can get. I will be carrying the full line of his injectors.
The reason I bought it up is because the injectors will work with stock HPOP, and if I can get 680-700rwhp with the combo I'm putting together than the injectors will be a good size to have.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh oh, you hit the nail on the head. That sounds like the exact combo I'm looking for and I would love to do as much business with you as possible. Adrian just let me know when the business side get taken care of so I can take care of the fun side hahaha, but really when do you think you will be selling the renegade 205's. Do you think we could work up a 205 stage 3 combo??

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Looking to have about $11,000 saved up by Christmas. I want to have a reliable truck that makes 700hp easy... I was thinking 1. MTW stage 3 and hoping by then I can have it with a billet wheel?? 2. Warren 190/100's or 225/100.. Don't ever tow and not an everyday driver 3. I need some help on fuel delivery, I know for sure a RR but along the lines of a pump I haven't heard anything good about air dog in a while so what do you guys think? And im thinking NADP for a trans. Along with mods in my sig is there anything else you guys can think of that I need to add to the list? Preciate any help.

I can get you hooked up with a high performance tranny builder here in N. Georgia that can hook you up and save you some cash. This is the guy who will be building Adrian's trans (and mine). As far as the fuel system, I say a sump to a fuel water separator and filter, to an AD150 feeding an A1000. From there to a 2micron filter to a regulated return. I'd also say go with the 205/150's rather than the 190's.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I can get you hooked up with a high performance tranny builder here in N. Georgia that can hook you up and save you some cash. This is the guy who will be building Adrian's trans (and mine). As far as the fuel system, I say a sump to a fuel water separator and filter, to an AD150 feeding an A1000. From there to a 2micron filter to a regulated return. I'd also say go with the 205/150's rather than the 190's.
actually, you can just use a 3 micron fuel filter on the airdog and don't even bother having a secondary filter...just have one that does it all. This is how i have it on my FASS. My low pressure FASS has a 3 micron fuel filter...and this is the only fuel filter on my truck. My FASS feeds my fuelab pump

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I really like the tru-trac! it was worth every penny. I like the fact that it acts like a full locker when you need it but still has the drivability of a limited slip.
Not to hijack this thread but can someone send me info on this true-trac. I've been looking for one and can't find one. Do they have them for the front too??
Back to topic. lol:rofl:

·
Registered
724 Posts
:popcorn: ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts