Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hear is the deal, my truck has a little shudder in it under light throttle if i am turning, if i give it a little more gas it goes away. the truck does not do this if i am taking and not turning. I am planning on changing the tranny fluid and filters in the next week. could it be the torque converter? the truck only has 75,000 miles and i run the edge juice with attitude but rarely is it above the second setting.:dunno: thanks for your input.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My F150 (before I traded it for my stroke :woot:) did something similar. It turned out being the clutch packs in the rear end.

You didn't post any details about your rig so I don't know if you have limited slip rear or not.

:dunno:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my truck does have a limited slip. the more i drive, it starts to feel like it is coming from the rear end, almost like it has a locker but it doesn't.

2003 F 350
XL 4x4
6.0L PSD
5R110
straight pipe no cat sounds awesome

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I had something close to what your describing, then it went away. Like mentioned above, it was the clutch pack in the rear end was shot.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Check your fluid level in the rear end. Maybe it needs some friction modifier for the LS.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not sure about the Super Duty's as they use a different rear-end, but he deal referenced a TSB on my '03 F150 and replaced the clutch packs. If you still have warranty left I would take it in an have them deal with it.

If not I'd drain the rear and refill it with synthetic and add friction modifier as mentioned above.

Let us know how it turns out.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts