Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front passenger window that won't go down. I verified the the motor works in both directions, and swapped in known good switches from another truck. At first the window was stuck down so I pulled it all apart to verify the motor and regulator - both good. Then I was able to get the window to go up, but not down. Any ideas? The first indication anything was wrong was when it wouldn't go up at all. No intermittent or acting goofy - it just didn't work.

Ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you swap in a known good master switch? I had a similar issue with mine that I lived with for a few years. My wiring tested ok and switches seemed to close ok. I replaced the master switch when another window stopped working and that solved my problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By master switch do you mean driver door? I did try a good driver door switch and nothing. And then it worked....up and down a few times with the passenger door switch AND driver door....and now nothing again. Luckily it's in the up position this time, but it's not trying to work at all - from the passenger door or driver door. I have tried it with a known good switch from the backseat and the new switch I just got from NAPA today. It worked, like I said, a couple times and now nothing again. Some weird gremlin in there I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My guess would be a connector from the harness to the switch or wire going open, maybe from the cab into the door since you have used known good switches and got it to work briefly. That's where I'd go next

1 - 6 of 6 Posts