Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well let me start off by thanking matt and all the wonderful peopla at spartan diesel tech. you made my experience worth wild and made my truck run, well how do i put it....... better than i could have ever possibly imagine. i got to meet matt and get a good bit of mileage on my truck at the same time. talk about a relief. i got the privlilage of being able to run my truck 380 miles one way to matt yesterday with just my delete pipe (luckily never regened) and that was a very noticible difference, more mpg and more power and amazingly a good bit off smoke. then i got todrive 380 miles back running the 210 and OMG is it awesome. its like learning how to drive my truck all over again. i can honestly say i have none of the sct complaints excelent low end throttle response andgreat firm but not HARD shifting. i am going to give three fuel mileage numbers here from leaving matt to macinac bridge (70mph speed limit no stop and go) running 77mph not babying it to get to speed i averaged 18.7 mpg wich is 5+ mpg better than i ever got at those speeds while babying it. if i drove the truck stock the way i drove it tuned i would have easily gained 6+. now from the bridge home wich is a 55 mph limit running 62 again not being nice to it for economy i got 22.6 mpg. now that is 4.5 mpg better than i have ever gotten. when combining these two styles of driving hand calculated at.....drum role please 19.5 mpg WOW. oh and the dashdaq is cool as SH#T!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Congrats man sounds awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That sounds good man. Congrats!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nordberg

thats great news good for you i'm in the process of doing the downloads and should be up and running in a few days. The best I did stock was 19.5mpg @70mph and 1900 rpm's on cruise. What I did notice is the temp. and humidity have a great deal to do with the mileage the more humid the worst the mileage the cooler it is the more I get. Well i'll post up when it's all in:woot:

Darrell

·
Registered
182 Posts
Does the DashDaq read and store your stock profile?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it does. its actually the longest part of the whole process. it takes longer to save your stock file then to do anythin else. the initial tune from pulling your stock file to uploading the 210 is twice as long as just switching tunes. it saves the stock file to a sd memory card. matt said it will be mandatory for people to email him the stock file so he has everyones individual stock tune on file incase something does happen to you he has it

·
Registered
119 Posts
I read a post from one of the Spartan guys that stated the
DashDaq does store your stock tune into a file on the SD memory
card. So, according to this post ( which is on one of the boards
somewhere :tard: ) all you have to do to have an "offsite" backup is
to copy the file, ( something like VIN.STK ) onto a hard drive or a
CD rom, etc.

Too bad someone can't post up the manual to this thing so we can
all see what it can do ...

·
Registered
342 Posts
good for you...that is certainly encouraging news...

i plan to get some more miles on this beast and let spartan get caught up...

then planning to pull the trigger myself. Keep us updated on the mileage...what you have seen so far looks awesome!!:thumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
yes it does. its actually the longest part of the whole process. it takes longer to save your stock file then to do anythin else. the initial tune from pulling your stock file to uploading the 210 is twice as long as just switching tunes. it saves the stock file to a sd memory card. matt said it will be mandatory for people to email him the stock file so he has everyones individual stock tune on file incase something does happen to you he has it
That's a good idea to store the stock file. I like it! Well I'll wait for everyones feedback on the tunes and go from there.

FYI: I called around to a few dealerships to get the name and part # for the sensor attached to the DPF. The Ford dealership calls it a LAMBDA Sensor, part # 12B591 (He called it a generic part #), and runs roughly around $80.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Great to hear man, I got an e-mail so i have to download something and load it. I think it is so he can get my calibration, cause I haven't given him the tunes I want yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nordberg,
You're from Mchigan?? Me too.... I was hoping to be the first person in Michigan to have a dpf delete. I make that trek to the Mac. Bridge a lot, My old man lives in Hessel,Mi. I actually bought my truck from Paul at Mackinac Sales. I wonder if you are one of the guys that calls him complaining about how bad the fuel milaege is on our trucks. I called him to b...tch a few times.... lol. Anyways, congrats. I am waiting for my tunes right now. I just finished getting the strategy code for spartan. I have never gotten better that 13.5 heading north on I-75. Hand calculated. I am heading up this weekend. I'll post my numbers once i get everything on the truck.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have to stop reading these posts or I too will be hackin my truck and throwing my warranty out the window. I will be doing it soon enough. I cant wait.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet man, glad you got your tunes......totally different truck isn't it
darn skippy. the best way i can describe the way it feels is like going from a 6.9 pre turbo to a supercharges chevelle with a big block. i can literally drive my truck with a half inch of throttle. its unreal. the 210 shifts and drives amazing and so does the 150. i think theres a 75 in there somewhere but im not going to be looking for it anytime soon!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nordberg,
You're from Mchigan?? Me too.... I was hoping to be the first person in Michigan to have a dpf delete. I make that trek to the Mac. Bridge a lot, My old man lives in Hessel,Mi. I actually bought my truck from Paul at Mackinac Sales. I wonder if you are one of the guys that calls him complaining about how bad the fuel milaege is on our trucks. I called him to b...tch a few times.... lol. Anyways, congrats. I am waiting for my tunes right now. I just finished getting the strategy code for spartan. I have never gotten better that 13.5 heading north on I-75. Hand calculated. I am heading up this weekend. I'll post my numbers once i get everything on the truck.

yep im a yooper been all my life. theres not much for modded diesels around here and i cant talk my budy with the banks or my budy with the bullydog into running me after they road in it. the power is very different comparibly. i know im faster but when i roll into it hard it wont loose control, it just barrys the boost rolls some coal and shoots forward. if i floor stomp it at a dead stop first and second are useless it'll break a tire loose (yes i said A tire great fx4 limited slip) but she'll rebite in second again and shoot like a rocket.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yep im a yooper been all my life. theres not much for modded diesels around here and i cant talk my budy with the banks or my budy with the bullydog into running me after they road in it. the power is very different comparibly. i know im faster but when i roll into it hard it wont loose control, it just barrys the boost rolls some coal and shoots forward. if i floor stomp it at a dead stop first and second are useless it'll break a tire loose (yes i said A tire great fx4 limited slip) but she'll rebite in second again and shoot like a rocket.
rockets don't have trannys...it'll be interesting to see what gives first...hopefully it'll hold up for 80K..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts