Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rethink it. Spinner fugues don't quite cut it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh boy.
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rethink it. Spinner fugues don't quite cut it.
Spinners are just that. A toy. Makes you feel good, but in my opinion only accomplishes a "good feeling".

Either time to settle, or a lot of heat are required to accomplish a good settle. Heat to 300*F and settle for 24-48 hours is sufficient. Otherwise, several weeks at 80*F can accomplish the same result. If messing with WVO as a raw unaltered fuel, dewatering is paramount. Several on this site have learned the expensive way about water and H2O/NaOH do to injectors. It is my belief that an adequate onboard filtration is a dream. A pipe dream. I suggest not doing it.

"Gravity feed " CF's are arguably best. It's what most use who are succesful long term. There are many turn key CF's out there, just avoid the cheapest.

The wheel has already been invented, partly due to failures by some and successes by others. We cannot, however, alter things like gravity and chemistry. Therefore my advice is to stick with what has been proven to work. It's cheaper and causes much less pain.

Did I mention I do not recommend raw WVO as a motor fuel? That's a different post for a different day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts