Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after waiting for 2+ weeks for delivery of my new Fuelab fuel pump and regulator they finally arrive and the regulator kit is missing the cap screws that hold the regulator to the mounting bracket. No big deal since the truck is down for other things, so I figure I'll call and have them send me some.

Well I get Fuelab on the phone (some guy named Rick) and tell them that my package was short the mounting screws and the AHOLE says hang on and I'll get you the size and you can get them at the hardware store. Well, my package was short the mounting screws that are supposed to be there, aren't you going to send me the screws? The guy says no. I do those packages and I've done thousands and never left out the screws. I said well I just received my pump and regulator and the screws are missing. He says where'd you buy it from and I told him. He says "if you're not happy send it back to them".

WTF! The cost of the screws isn't any big deal obviously. The lack of any interest to take responsibility to send the parts that should have been there and the totally crap attitude on Fuelab's part really has me pizzed off. I really hope this isn't a sample of the way they stand behind their product when there is a real serious problem. I have half a mind to send it all back and switch to Aeromotive.

I just called the guy back and really gave him a piece of my mind. I just absolutely hate lousy customer service and informed him I was going to post my experience with Fuelab and their attitude. He says "Now you're threatening me." I said "no Rick, I'm not threatening you, I'm just telling you what I'm going to do". He took my name and number and said he'd get back to me. It's a little thing but damn it pizzes me off.

Well after chapping my azz Rick called back and they have decided to send me the screws. Would it have really been a big deal to have offered to do that in the first place rather than try to dick me around? Why is it that customer support is so bad today? I guess it's me but I just wasn't brought up this way.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wow that is terrible support. I've never heard of a company telling you to go to a hardware store to buy stuff that should have been included in the kit in the first place. Keep us posted on what happens.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
That sucks, but i got my fuelab pump from Dennis at Strictly Diesel and Dennis' customer support on those products are awesome.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went directly to Fuelab for this since it was a Fuelab packaging mistake. I wouldn't expect the vendor to have to deal with this. I was really not expecting the response to be I'll find out the screw size and you can go buy some at the hardware store. Now I'll be the first to admit it is a trivial thing but if that is the support attitude with a trivial issue it makes me wonder what will happen if there is a serious issue to be dealt with. Will I get a "here are the parts in the pump, go buy new ones"? The more I thought about it the more steamed I got.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I will say that if you were in a bind and the truck was apart, knowing the exact specs on the bolt so that you could go get them is actually helpful.

BUT, saying that there's no way a packing mistake could have been made is just silly

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will say that if you were in a bind and the truck was apart, knowing the exact specs on the bolt so that you could go get them is actually helpful.

BUT, saying that there's no way a packing mistake could have been made is just silly
As I said it is the principle of it. If I needed it right away I would have gone to the store and got them. In fact if he had responded with the offer to send me the parts I would have told him not to bother just tell me the size and I'll pick some up local. It's just the pawn the problem directly off on me and insinuating that I was trying to pull something over on him. He couldn't possibly have forgotten to put the screws in one bag out of thousands and I must be lying. Here's the size, go buy some.

It's just not the response I expect to get when they are the one's at fault.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Once you get the screws from Fuelab then go ahead and return the whole thing! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I would have shorted out still informed everyone of the craptastic customer service and sent it back that's ridiculous to go through that just for a couple mounting bolts they left out

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure of the specifics concerning your interaction with Rick, but I apologize (for the issues you had him as well as the fact the pieces were missing in the first place). I'm not at all saying the screws were in the package, but that is quite odd considering our assembly, testing, and packaging process. That is by no means how we usually do business. In the future, feel free to contact me directly and I will do my best to take care of you.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Josh
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Got to love the power of the pen... or keyboard that is...:taze:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yes I feel the same way about crappy service. I will tell everyone I know, and then I'll drive 500 miles out of my way to buy from your competitor. glad its resolved,he could have said buy it local and I'll send you a discount for your inconvenience, or something. maybe he was having a bad day or it was just his time of the month:)

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I got a call from the owner of Fuelab today and we talked about what had transpired. He assured me that it had been addressed internally and that it was indeed handled badly and that shouldn't have happened. He was very apologetic and assured me if I had any future issues that they would be handled properly or I should contact him directly. So I am satisfied that this issue has been handled and I doubt the Rick will ever respond like that to anyone else. My hat's off to Fuelab for taking the time to answer this thread and follow up personally with a phone call from the owner. So with this said I am closing this thread down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.