Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a fuel volume control circuit low code.
can it be multiple things or just pinched wire harness.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
What is the code? PXXXX

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
It would be nice to have the actual code so that I can search my PDF file for the specific code instead of having to go through 145 pages searching using your description of the code, but since I am no help to you I will not visit this thread again. :thumb:

Have a good one bud.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you do not know based on info given you can not answer my question anyway.
It's the code that corresponds with Fuel volume control circuit low.
Does that help.
Obviously, you know already, so why would you bother asking? The actual code number can allow someone to use the lookup to point you in the right direction. there are many factors that can give a code.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you do not know based on info given you can not answer my question anyway.
It's the code that corresponds with Fuel volume control circuit low.
Does that help.
Wow, that is no way to get help man, why would you even say this :doh: :tard:

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks For the info. My pump harness was suppose to have been replaced by josh at jags pro truck shop. But with the problems i have had with him being in over his head who knows if it was done or done correctly Guess i will find out when its repaired.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im tired of wasting my time discussing spartan problems i've had and get the run around passed down the chain of command. It never resolves issues and they want to charge for work i already paid for through a reputable dealer. Jeffs a nice guy i am just fed up with spartans bull.
I also had a bad day that day.
I shouldn't have taken it out on jeff.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Even if you may be fed up with us C.J., for whatever reason, that is still something I can help you out with. A simple code can be diagnosed.....at least helped diagnosed.....if your willing to accept the help. If you don't want to accept the help, that is your choice, but I find it childish that you would choose not to accept because I work for Spartan. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Im tired of wasting my time discussing spartan problems i've had and get the run around passed down the chain of command. It never resolves issues and they want to charge for work i already paid for through a reputable dealer. Jeffs a nice guy i am just fed up with spartans bull.
I also had a bad day that day.
I shouldn't have taken it out on jeff.
Hey man, I definitely understand that you are frustrated. I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, it is just that your comment towards Jeff seemed a little harsh. I just wish you the best of luck getting your truck fixed man :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The code was not with me at the time, could not remember if it was p0003 or p0004 but the code shows fuel pressure volume regulator control circuit low which most people can find info on. Usually means the hpfp gasket with wiring are probably pinched shorting out wires. I am aware of this and am looking for additional causes since mine was supposidly already replaced.
If a person must ask for the code i am assuming they nave no knowledge of the issues being asked because they knew the code already.
I need feedback from people who have experienced this personally or know what other things cause this.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Was gonna say sounds to me like a chawed up HPFP cover harness. There is a TSB for it, but at 2:42AM the number escapes me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I threw the P0003 code 3 times and then started throwing the P0088 code. Took into shop and they said that the ohms resistance at the HPFP was off and had to change or fix it. That was with the 0088 code. I told them bout the 0003 code but dont know if they used that info or not. Lost power though trying to come back from vacation and continued to get worse. Anything above 22250 rpms and I was in trouble which is hard in the mtns hauling 20000 lbs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I threw the P0003 code 3 times and then started throwing the P0088 code. Took into shop and they said that the ohms resistance at the HPFP was off and had to change or fix it. That was with the 0088 code. I told them bout the 0003 code but dont know if they used that info or not. Lost power though trying to come back from vacation and continued to get worse. Anything above 22250 rpms and I was in trouble which is hard in the mtns hauling 20000 lbs.
Interesting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts