Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I prob should scan harder in the forums, but I figured I would just ask straight out. I have a 1995 F-350 and as of yesterday morning the fuel gauges were fine , but yesterday afternoon I noticed something was off. The correct reading was front tank 1/4 and rear was full. Now both are showing bout 5/8s no matter which tank I pick. I then added bout 4-5 gallons to front tank just to see what would happen and then front tank went back up to 7/8.. it’s almost like the rear equalized with front?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
You know, i've noticed the same thing too recently. Almost like the rear will feed the front when it's parked.

I thought my fuel gauge was stuck when I was using the front tank for a whole week. Once it got to 1/4 I switched to the rear and saw it was just below half even though I know I filled both up at the same time.

I'll be dropping my rear tank soon. Maybe it's the selector valve getting stuck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha sounds like your problem is my problem! I had a 1996 F-250 few years ago and got stranded on side of road cause of lift pump going out, but I don’t remember gauges being off when that happened. I ordered new tank switch just to start with easiest
thing, but that was before I added the fuel today and got a reading on the front tank. Strange that it was fine yesterday morning then few hours later totally changed.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Yeah you are certainly not alone. I only drive it on the weekends now so I don't notice it too much. I'll put some good miles on it and see if anything chamges.

Only fix would be a selector valve.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's common for the selector valve to get stuck between tanks causing the issue you describe, needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Another option is to relocate the spare tire and go with a spectra 32 gallon rear tank and eliminate the midship tank and related selector components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts