Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a fuel system for my 02 7.3L

ive got a bts bulit tranny.... im goal for my truck is around 500-550 hrsp... what would ya'll recommend for a good fuel system? air dog... fass?? then i guess how big of a system would i need for that much?

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
regulated return, fuel bowl delete, dual superduty pumps, hutch and harpooned. irate makes a sweet fuel system, di has them, dieselsite or you can diy. use the search button. i had a thread here with pretty much everything you need priced out. if you can find it then more power to ya but i aint findin it for ya

·
Registered
686 Posts
Reg ret is out dated unless you can't rid of the air. Fass and Airdog only get about 80% out. You can build a sweet one like mine for a little over 100.00 and its close to 100%. Its in my garage. You don't need the hutch and harpoon with either a in tank or fram mount Carter pusher pump. I use walbro pumps and replace the factory reg with a exturnal one. Keep the heads pressurized at 105psi. you lose about 25% engine noise. It's sweet

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
i know a lot of people who are still runnin those outdated regulated returns who have prolly forgot more about a 7.3 then you'll ever know

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well Brucie, They don't know how to get the air out yet. I don't use a return either except to send air bubbles back. I know all the big truck engines have upped the volume of there returns for that purpose. I did my C-15 625hp cat with a little bigger version. It quiets the noise about 25%. I know a lot of people who don't run them and make big power and have $700 more in there pocket. Rather than push the fuel around and out, Clean it up and raise the pressure, nobody starves.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
never heard a regulated retuen referred to as outdated......

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
because it's not, ramstroke is a crock of sh1t

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
:hehe: 105PSI on what kind of injectors? B codes?
I'm going to be doing a 5/8" fuel pickup tube, 5/8" to a prefilter/water sep., 3/8" to dual stock pumps, into a post high efficiency filter, 1/2" to a regulated return in the heads which allows any air to FLOW PAST THE INJECTORS, to a regulator, then back to the tank so you keep a constant 65-75 PSI at the injectors. Fuel bowl delete of course.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Reg ret is out dated unless you can't rid of the air. Fass and Airdog only get about 80% out. You can build a sweet one like mine for a little over 100.00 and its close to 100%. Its in my garage. You don't need the hutch and harpoon with either a in tank or fram mount Carter pusher pump. I use walbro pumps and replace the factory reg with a exturnal one. Keep the heads pressurized at 105psi. you lose about 25% engine noise. It's sweet
Well Brucie, They don't know how to get the air out yet. I don't use a return either except to send air bubbles back. I know all the big truck engines have upped the volume of there returns for that purpose. I did my C-15 625hp cat with a little bigger version. It quiets the noise about 25%. I know a lot of people who don't run them and make big power and have $700 more in there pocket. Rather than push the fuel around and out, Clean it up and raise the pressure, nobody starves.
You can do a 4 line feed without issue, so long as you have an AirDog or Fass, you still need a return in the system somewhere, be it at the pump or at the motor.

Your gaining nothing by running 105psi in your fuel system, other then injector and fuel pump damage...

Please tell me you paid to be a "tech" guy on this site, because you give very scarrrrrrry advise.

:hehe: 105PSI on what kind of injectors? B codes?
I'm going to be doing a 5/8" fuel pickup tube, 5/8" to a prefilter/water sep., 3/8" to dual stock pumps, into a post high efficiency filter, 1/2" to a regulated return in the heads which allows any air to FLOW PAST THE INJECTORS, to a regulator, then back to the tank so you keep a constant 65-75 PSI at the injectors. Fuel bowl delete of course.
Sounds like a good plan... I run 62psi on my 250/200 hybrids...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts