Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1995 7.3 and my fuel line from the bowl to the left head broke. How do I get the fuel line off the driver side head? Can I do it without taking the a/c off?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
The A/C I think is two bolts in the front. Just undo the bolts and take the belt off but leave the hoses alone. You can move the compressor to the side and not affect the system.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have searched to no evail, anyway this same hose busted(I should say blew its self out is more like it) on my truck yesterday after switching my trans range sensor and getting ready for a test drive.

I had it all torn apart and thought about replacing them but I didn't and now ive bought that lesson and I am going to replace both lines, trouble is I cant find them. Yall have a good site to get them from cheaper than the stealership.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Mine came from stealer they were 55 each

·
Registered
421 Posts
You could make some hoses too. 4 an jic female too hose barb. Some good quality hose. Wa la.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for the responses fellas ill see what the stealer has em for and put that against what itd cost me to build em.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Only reason I wouldn't build them is because they are hydrolic line type hoses not just normal hose they have more pressure under them.....but to each there own.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Now you could take old ones to a place that make hydrolic lines and see what they would charge to make them

·
Registered
127 Posts
My line just broke too. :( Anyone have the specs to get replacments?

I'm adding a pic to show the 2 lines I want to replace.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
It cost me $40 to replace both hoses with hydraulic hose. Any competent hose shop can make them while you wait. FWIW, if you're replacing one, replace them both.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It cost me $40 to replace both hoses with hydraulic hose. Any competent hose shop can make them while you wait. FWIW, if you're replacing one, replace them both.
I got a guy who makes me lines across the country.......he's good and CHEAP! Local guy wanted $60 for a tractor hose and my guy was less than half delivered!

Looks like they are straight 1/2" JIC female on both end and one being 10" & 13 1/2" overall.

I'm going to take care of the CCV too while I'm in there. Both O-rings were broken. :mad:

Wonder if I should replace the fuel pump too? Doesn't look like it was ever changed and its at 173k miles. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
the fuel line can be regular fuel line they only see 100 ish PSI. i spend the extra money for the reusable fittings. i think i paid about $40 with tax for both. the HPOP lines need to be hydraulic lines it can see 3500 PSI. the passenger side line can be done fairly easily. the driver side is easy if you pull the bracket off 4 11/16 bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts