Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I find an o ring kit for the fuel pump. Actually the pump has been leaking for months now, should i replace the pump, the o rings or just check for any loose connections.....also wil a leaky fuel pump cause bad acceleration and bad fuel milaege?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
What O-rings are you talkin about. Yes a leaking pump will cause poor mileage and acceleration.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah as far as I know the pump is a sealed unit and no o-rings. Where have you been noticing the leak? The filter has o-rings but you should notice fuel on your block if they are leaking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought there were o rings on the lift pump. Truck leaking fuel like crazy, it's in the top valley, so you think it's the filter or the pump leaking, i can't tell.

·
Registered
613 Posts
New filter is $20-$30 and comes with the new gaskets so I would start there to rule that out.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I thought there were o rings on the lift pump. Truck leaking fuel like crazy, it's in the top valley, so you think it's the filter or the pump leaking, i can't tell.
That is the fuel filter housing. There is a big o-ring at the top where the cap is at. Then you have some more o-rings where the water drain valve is.

I believe you can get an o-ring kit for the filter housing from the dealership for a good price. I believe it is around 20 bucks.

I suggest you remove the filter housing to do the repair.

The fuel pump is on the frame rail so that is not leaking. How do I know this because your leaking fuel into the engine valley. Which is where the fuel filter housing is located.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts