Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 7.3, bone stock, and my engine began losing power and idling rough and at one point stalled out and shut off in park. Seemed like a fuel delivery problem to me so i dropped the tank and found the pickup foot in pieces on the bottom of the tank. After ordering a new foot and reassembling the tank, i put ten gallons of fuel in it and decided to see how the pump was flowing. I connected a hose to the outlet side of the pump and was able to pump 2.5 gallons in five minutes in free flowing conditions (0 psig). This is approximately 30 gph. I understand that there is a substantial drop in fuel flow rate during operating conditions when fuel pressure increases. Is 30 gph at 0 psig enough fuel for my engine? From my research, most people get about 60-70 gph at 0 psig. I found the screens in the pickup to be clean. Thanks for any input!

· Registered
106 Posts
Mine did the same thing to the pickup in the tank. Had to replace fuel pump with Bosch unit from oriellys. When I took my old one out and shook it a bunch of the pick up foot parts came out. Loose parts basically trashed fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.